fifteen.

your pov

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion and anger. Why was he here when things have somewhat settled? Why wasn't he here when I was struggling the most? It could've been him that was there, but he left-he abandoned me. My hand squeezed the wheelchair rest as I looked at the light brown haired man. He stood up from the chair, looking down at me. I couldn't stare at him in the eyes, not anymore. Not without an explanation that I deserved.

I wasn't one to cry in front of someone, and I won't say I'm not one to cry. I cry, but it's never to show someone my weakness. I also hold it in until the doors are closed. This, though, just makes me want to cry in front of both of them.

"Let me explain," he started. "I know something happened-" he got interrupted by Dr. Park.

"Your explanation is not necessary. Visiting hours are over, sir," Dr. Park hissed through his teeth. "You could leave or the nurse will call security," he added. I was confused as to why he was standing up for me, and I wondered if he knew something or if he's just protecting me.

"Two minutes, doctor. I just need two minutes and I'll explain everything to Y/N," Daeshim pleaded. "I'll leave right after and stop bothering her if that is what she wants," he whispered.

I could hear the clock on the wall constantly ticking before Dr. Park took a deep breath, "Two minutes".

Then he left the room. I felt naked even under my clothes. Just sitting here in front of Daeshim made me feel uncomfortable. I didn't know what it was, but I felt exposed in front of him. I rolled my wheelchair next to my bed as he sat six feet apart from me. Even with the wide space, I had still felt uncomfortable.

"Start explaining," I sighed.

"I-I don't know what happened, okay babe? We were just walking on the sidewalk and I went into the ice cream store to get you ice cream. Mint chocolate is your favorite, right?" he chuckled before his face turned serious again. "Next thing I know, I heard someone yell to call 911. I ran out and saw you, on the ground." His face scrunched up. I didn't show an expression, because I didn't know whether or not to believe it.

"It was horrible. Y-you were hurt, and I didn't know what to do." He gripped onto his hair so harshly that it threatened to fall out. I tilted my head slightly, examining his features. He didn't seem stressed, he didn't seem tired, where was he?

"Where were you?" I asked. He looked up, staring at me before he cleared his throat, yet I continued. "Where were you?" I asked again, my voice slightly raising. "I was here, all alone. You went off the charts and just left me!" I would have stood up and slapped him, but I was too far out of reach. "You...abandoned me, yet you expect me to forgive you?"

The story was twisted. From what Jaeho had told me months ago, he threatened to leave me. Jaeho told me things had gotten out of hand, and that we were arguing. "You threatened to leave me, you said that yourself. We were arguing".

"No, babe..," he said-his face showing no emotion. "You know I would never leave you, you know that. My whole life is devoted to you and I would never want to lose you. I don't know who you heard that from but you would trust me, right?" After being reassured that, I felt like I was worrying for nothing. Of course Daeshim wouldn't lie to me, we've been together for three years and I know him better than anyone.

"Then where were you these past few months? After I got into an accident-where the hell were you?" I questioned him.

"Believe it or not, my phone died!" His voice raised, making me jump slightly.