thirteen

Desiree had no idea as to where she was going. From what she just encountered, Jeffs feelings and why he was so apprehensive about her talking to Alex were now transparent.

But to be completely real here, it wasn't exactly the same perspective. Jeff didn't appreciate the lies that she was telling. If anything, he trusted her that nothing was going to happen between them. As for Desiree, she saw it as an insecurity. She believed that Jeff was insecure about Alex as she was with Cierra.

But little did she know, that was not what it was at all. Rather than talking it out, she ran away from it. Usually another form of how to cope with her problems. Shift the blame or run away.

Somehow she found her way to Davids house. There was no point in going to her empty home with Adrianna still at out of town. It took her a while to get out of the car considering it was such an unplanned visit but I'm sure he would be happier to see Desiree alone since Jeff and her were likely attached at the hip.

With everything left she had in her, it took her about ten minutes top to get to the front door. As per usual, Jason, Zane, Erin, and Carly were there with open arms, excited to see Desiree.

They questioned why she was there alone, of course, but she ultimately left out the part that Cierra might have stopped by. To make matters worse for Desiree, Jeff hasn't seem to call at least once since she left.

But she decided to let it go, as much as she could anyways. The thoughts were very much present though, what could they possibly be doing. She trusted Jeff, right?

She knew in her heart that he wouldn't do that. But he did have a soft spot for Cierra and it was something she was always able to over look. At times, they got into an argument about it. But are we surprised at this point.

Regardless, she tried her best to keep the despair she was experiencing to herself. That's what she knew best.

The night continued as they sat around and watched movies. desiree attempted to not check her phone every ten minutes. All she wanted was to feel worried about by the one person who has completely taken over her life.

Zane could sense how she was feeling though. He was aware that there was something wrong and he say next to her on the couch determined to help her. "Are you and Jeff okay?"

Turning to face him, her eyes narrow at the sound of his words. "Yeah, why?"

"I'm dumb but not that dumb. As much as I love you, you're not here just to be here, especially without Jeff."

And she sat there, realizing he caught up on her lie. But what was the point in lying, they were all friends. To her luck, the door bell rang with the food they ordered half an hour ago. Zane seemed to drop the topic all together, patting her lower thigh and giving her a faint smile before walking towards David at the door.

Desiree POV

I turned around to see Jeff. Giving me a look, he quickly walks over to me. "Baby can we talk outside?"

Without another word, he holds my hand and leads me outside. We stand in front of David's door for almost five minutes without saying anything, our gazes fixated anywhere else but each other.

He holds my hands in his after lifting my chin up to look up at him. "I made her leave five minutes after you left."

"What did she want?" There was almost a bitter taste in my mouth as I recall the events that made me leave Jeff's house in a rush.

"I'm sorry I didn't call soon enough. She wouldn't leave until she got to talk to me." His apology was sincere but part of me couldn't believe that all they did was talk. "What did she want?" I gritted through my teeth.

A sigh escapes his lips and I could tell he was stressed. The way his eyes fell, "She wants me back." But before I could say anything, he speaks again, "I rejected her Desiree. I want you."

Despite my anger towards him, knowing he rejected her gave me some sort of satisfaction and I couldn't help the smile on my face.

But I stood my ground, "Doesn't change the fact that you just let me go. I didn't even get a call or a text." I can tell he was defeated. I almost forgot that we got into a fight earlier today. "I know and I apologize but I made sure to come to you right away. Please forgive me."

His pleas were desperate and I have never seen him look at me with such sympathy in his eyes. "You just talked for two hours?" I wasn't trying to continue this disagreement but sometimes I find myself saying things when I know it would be better off if I didn't.

"What, you don't trust me?" He sounds defensive which makes me a little more wary. If he didn't do anything, it wouldn't be something to get hurt over right?

She was looking so good which makes me believe he couldn't resist himself. "Its not that." Looking back down to avoid his stare, I let go of his hands and bring them to my chest. "It just doesn't seem like it would take two hours to tell her you don't want to be with her."

I felt the pressure on my chest once again, the feeling of uneasiness and the possibility of losing something thats so good. My heart wanted to beat out of my chest and for some reason, tears were welling in my eyes.

"Its not easy to tell someone you've been with for a few a years that you no longer want to be with them, especially since you've moved on." Silence overcomes the both of us and we can only hear the people inside.

But again, he was right. "I'm sorry for not trusting you. You can't get mad at me though, I see why you dated her in the first place." I wanted to cover up the fact that I wasn't trusting him.

I just realized how irrational and crazy I can be when it comes to expressing my thoughts. He pushes my chin up once again, before kissing at the tears that fell down my rosy, warm cheeks.

Pulling me into his chest, he gently rubs my back in attempts to make me feel better. We stand there as he comforts me for a few more minutes before deciding on going back inside. He gets one more good look at me before wiping away any trace of crying with his thumb.

Flashing a smile, I mirror his actions as he grabs my hand and leads me back inside where everyone was enjoying their time.

***

Coming Up Next

"I want to pull a prank on David." I tell Brennen as we sit in his car in a Starbucks drive-thru. Long story short, my need for revenge came from the previous nights events, in which he got the help of Jeff, to sneak into my house and not only scare me once, but three times.

"Alright." He laughs, pulling up closer to the window, "You have fun with that."

And I sure would be. David didn't know what was gonna hit him at all.