twenty two

I didn't know what I was dreaming about, whether it might've been a nightmare or the fact that it felt like 90 degrees in the room alone but I woke up in sweats. It didn't help the fact that I didn't remember where I was for the first five minutes of waking up.

It didn't hit me until I realized that I was sleeping in Noel's bed, with no sign of the man himself. All I could recollect from the night before was going to his house and balling my eyes out, ranting to him about how much of a terrible girlfriend I was and the horrible person I am.

I don't remember falling asleep at all but waking up with sore eyes and cheekbones tells me everything. As I lay in bed at 4 in the morning, I debated on whether or not I wanted to go up and wake Noel but I knew it would be selfish.

And thinking about my actions with my previous boyfriends, being selfish was the last thing I wanted to do. I decided to go downstairs anyways because my throat was dry as hell.

Once I got to the living room, I saw Noel stretched out on the couch, the bright screen of his phone illuminating against his face. He doesn't really notice i'm there until I walk a little closer to him.

"Holy shit." He breathes, "You scared the fuck outta me." He sits up and leans back onto the couch, patting the space next right next to him. I walk over and plant my butt close to him while he throws some of his blanket over my bare legs.

"What are you doing up?" He asks me. I place my head in the crook of his neck, taking a deep breathe to refrain myself from crying again. I can feel him tense under me but I let it go, "I just woke up and I can't really go back to sleep."

"How are you holding up though?" He questions. "I'm alright. I already didn't know how to react seeing him alone but with another girl made it even worse."

We sat in silence for a few more minutes before I get up and go to the kitchen. Noel slowly trails behind me and he basically reads my mind, getting me a cup of water.

"When are we going to my place? We're always hanging out here." I say as I play with my the now empty cup in my hands. "I don't know Desi, maybe its best if we hang around here."

I give him a confused look before quietly laughing. Looking up at him, his eyes are on the water as the liquid moves around the cup like a whirlpool. "Come on, you have yet to see my place and quite frankly, the only person that has stepped foot in there is Brennen." I take a minute to recollect my thoughts, "It'll be fun! Brennen will be there!" I whine to him like a child.

I can tell he's thinking about his decision when he stops playing with the water and sets it down. It's like there was something on his mind but I decided not to read into it at all. "Okay, fine!" He throws his hands up in defeat. I silently dance in triumph

"Alright I get, let's get some sleep now." he says, leading me out the kitchen.

***