twenty seven

I was dressed in yellow from head to toe as I observed myself in the mirror. Alex's mom loved the color yellow and instead of making it a depressing event, Alex used this opportunity to celebrate every aspect of his mother's life. It was a good thing for a funeral, which is usually sad and overwhelming.

Jeffs head pops up from beside me, dressed in a yellow shirt and black pants along with some yellow shoes. His hair, parted down the middle, falls on the side. It made him look sexier.

He reached over to kiss me on the cheek, hanging his arms on my shoulders. I stare at us through the mirror, still in complete shock that Jeff is here. To see him standing here, where I've posed with numerous exes before. It's crazy to think that he's finally the one. I grab my phone from my side and start to take pictures of us.

desicrawford: hey alexa, play nothing by jeremy passion 🥰👤: jeff❤️: thenoelmiller, kelsey_kreppel, & 3

👤: jeff
❤️: thenoelmiller, kelsey_kreppel, & 3.45 million likes
💬: comments are limited

daviddobrik: YOURE SO SHORT HAHA
>> desicrawford: fuck. you. 🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼🖕🏼
jeff: i love you 💘
>> desicrawford: jeff love u more bebe
colbybrock: it didn't hurt to be single until i saw this post
>> brennen: shit man, i know. i'm crying and i just woke up
>> samgolbach: i'm in a relationship and i'm still crying over this
carlyincontro: i want to be loved like this
>> jeff: there's no better feeling in this world, you'll be blessed soon enough
>> codypadrino: oh you're fucking whipped
>> carlyincontro: you're making it worse !!
morrganics: "i've been blessed with the privilege of loving you" IM SOBBING
>> rylandadams: okay but the "not much the world can do, to keep me away from you"
>> garrett_watts: wow it's so great to be single and lonely 🥰
>> desicrawford: you guys are the best 😭

"Desiree, I swear. I'll beat your ass if I don't see any space between the two of you." Dan peaks into the room before quietly sneaking out again. Jeff brings me closer to him, placing one last kiss on my cheek before grabbing my hand and leading us out my room.

***

The funeral service for Alex's mom was beautiful in every way possible, shedding light on the person she was before and after her sickness.

We stood in the room where the reception was held, which overlooked the Pacific Ocean. The ironic bright blue sky that was accompanied by the empowering sun. It was a beautiful day.

Alex and his girlfriend, hooked onto his arm, makes their way over to us. "Desiree." He smiles before bringing me into a hug. Alex was just a few inches taller than me, his shaggy black hair was now slick back and his arms were more toned than before.