twenty one

apologies in advance for the VERY late update, my week was crazier than I expected.

I was dreading this moment. Sitting in my car wasn't going to suppress any of the nerves that I was experiencing. If anything, I wanted nothing more than to start my car and step on the gas.

"You know you don't have to go right?" Seeing Noel's face from my tiny phone screen only made this situation worse. The longing I had for someone to be here with me, to help calm myself at least. "No, I don't. But I owe it to David. I've been terrible to all of them."

It didn't really hit me until that night out with Noel and Cody. Seeing them just made me realize that I owe a lot of my success because of the Vlog Squad. The way I have been avoiding them all for one person. It can't be hard to just ask if he'd be there. And I could have avoided this party all at once if I just put in the extra effort.

"Okay well you've been sitting in your car for the last twenty minutes Desiree. It's now or you're gonna be filling up your gas tank on the way home." I sigh at his logic. "You're right, if I text you during the party, it means i'm suffering."

He chuckles, "You better not sit in that car after this call is over." We say a quick goodbye and I bite the bullet, getting out of my car and making my way towards the place.

I felt crazy for feeling the way I did. It's almost as if I'm dramatizing the entire thing. But it's been five months since I've seen Jeff and probably talked to him. I told myself that I was over him but that's because I avoided him at
all costs. I'm pretty sure walking in was the most anxious part. Not knowing how people would react to seeing you for the first time in months was nerve-racking and I wanted this to end soon.

Upon walking in, there were these gold streamers coming down from the ceilings. There was laughter and screams coming from whatever was behind these decorations. Walking through, I'm immediately greeted by Natalie who excitedly squeals and pulls me into a hug. "Desiree!" I was taken aback from her excitement and quickly hug her back. Thankfully, everyone else was too involved in other things to not notice my arrival.

My eyes scan the room and before I could say anything, David hurriedly walks over to me and wraps his arms around me. "So do I have to wait every birthday just to see you."

As we pull away, I couldn't help but profusely apologize to him for not making more of an effort to hang out with him. My attempts to avoid Jeff wasn't a valid excuse for that either.

"Desiree, it's okay really. I'm just glad you could make it." A sincere smile appears on his face as he points me towards the food. Still no sign of Jeff, I happily walk over to one of my favorite places of parties. The food.

Considering that I worked without a break just to get here at a considerable time meant that I was absolutely starved. All of my concentration was focused on the various types of food in front of me.

After about ten minutes of picking and choosing, I sit down at a table with empty some chairs. I was too hungry to feel the need to socialize with anybody and all I wanted to do was devour the chipotle burrito. I smile to myself as I check my phone and see that Noel has texted me.

If the party is that bad, you can always come to hang out afterwards.

Does the offer still stand if i'm enjoying the party?