twenty six

class has officially started this week and i'm tryna get used to this new schedule.

also i really need some opinions. would you guys like another story after this one is finished or??? i have a good idea of one but i'm kinda debating on whether or not to post it now lol.

not edited*

The worst part about flying is everything before. Check in especially. It was absolute hell. And deciding on who I should bring. It's been a roller coaster of emotions but I am 100% certain that the decision I made was the appropriate one.

"Are you good?" Noel asks from beside me. I give a big smile, "Yeah, just a little overwhelmed." He takes my luggage that I was holding and we walk over to security.

Airports always made me anxious. The fast-paced energy makes me feel like I'm always having to step around eggshells. I don't really like to fly which makes it even harder to get anywhere out of the country. The anxiety didn't help to the dread that I was feeling knowing I was going to be home in a few hours.

"Desiree!" Jeff walks up from behind me. The two of them exchange looks and a nod before Jeff walks away. We're both left alone in the buzzing airport yet the world seemed to be going so slow.

"Thank you for taking me to the airport." I say, bringing him into a hug. His arms snake just above my waist as I bury my head into the crook of his neck. As much as I loved every moment I had with Noel, my relationship with him reminded me of what I have with Brennen.

Although Brennen has a special place in my heart and no one can ever take his title of best friend.

"Take care of yourself and keep me updated, okay?" His hands run up and down the spine of my back, never failing to reassure me for anything coming my way. "You know I got you."

He let's go of me, giving me one more look and a grin. Noel begins to walk away and I found myself calling out and grabbing his hand. His shocked expression was portrayed by furrowed brows as he spins around to face me.

"I love you."

His eyes, lips and spirit all at once smiled at me. A smile so contagious that it felt as if they world around me was brighter.

"I love you Desiree."

Watching him walk away was difficult to see. It didn't feel good knowing that I may have hurt him with my decision. But he never made it evident that he was heartbroken. Instead, he's shown nothing but support and genuine gratitude.

If I was being honest, I even cried before I let the words come out of my mouth. But at that point, he already knew. And instead of showing anger, sadness or regret, he expressed happiness that I was able to make the decision.

I make my way back to Jeff who stood there, patiently waiting for me. He plants a quick kiss on my lips before wrapping his arm around my waist while we wait for our turn in security.

***

"God, it doesn't feel good to be back." I joked. Even though I met Alex in LA, one thing we shared in common was living in the same city. Which came to me as a surprise, consider that everyone tended to know one another but I guess he was the one exception.