twenty three

Brennen and I sat in the corner of a small coffee shop located in downtown LA. We always used to go here and it was actually the first place we met each other. It was the perfect day, not too busy.

"Can you please tell me what happened after Jeff confessed he wanted to get back with you?"

Oh the big topic. It's been precisely three days since that whole ordeal happened and it's safe to say, I have a clear mind on how to react and asses this situation. What was there to say? "Uhm.." I pause, shaking my head as I reminisce on the memories that happened a few days prior.

When Jeff and I broke up five months ago, I spent weeks telling myself that he would eventually come back to me. And when those weeks turned into a month, I essentially lost hope that there was something to salvage between Jeff and I.

Never in what felt like a thousand years, did I think that this moment would come again. But I was torn. I couldn't shake the image of him kissing Kelsey out of my head.

"How do I know you're no-t-t lying-g-g?" I stutter, trying to regain my composure at his unforeseen confession. I have never felt at a loss of words before. I was still unsure how to respond to this entire situation.

He pulls me closer to him that our bodies are pressed up against one another. Similar to the night before, his frame fit me perfectly and symmetrically.

"I've been a little off balance since the day I left you because being with you made my life feel perfectly aligned." 

My heart was about to burst out of my chest, going hard at 256 beats per second. It was like I was suffocating but in a pleasurable, sensual way. "Jeff, I love you but I have to be truthful and I fear that my honesty might drive you away." I take a deep breathe as his eyes dart from my eyes to my lips.

"I kissed Noel last night." He purses his lips into a thin line while closing his eyes. The grip he held onto me didn't loosen as I expected to but instead the polar opposite. As much as I wanted to keep this to myself, it was selfish. I had to face the truth regardless of the consequences. "Well.. I still want you. C'mon fuck that guy."

"Jeff."

"What Desiree?  Whats stopping you? It was one little kiss compared to what you have with me." He scoffs. Taking my face in his hands, gliding his thumb across my rosy, plump cheeks.

"I know you want this and if you're not ready to dive in then okay, let me at least take you on a date."

"Well?" Brennen impatiently questions, "You're such a story tease.

"Well what? Of course I said yes." Brennen looks at me wide-eyed, eyebrows raised before nodding his head in approval? It was honestly hard a reaction to read.

"After you kissed Noel you said yes to a date with Jeff." His lips purse into a thin line, "I mean, as long as you're happy."

I gave him a lighthearted punch on his fit arm, which still takes me by surprise. "Okay but say what you want to say."

"Well Desiree, you did kiss Noel so does that not mean there's a possibility of something developing there." No. Of course not. There was no possible way I could have felt some type of way.