fourteen

7.25.19 - am i a dumbass or am i a dumbass ??? i'm rereading my chapters and the last part just cuts off??? i'm just as confused lmao sorry for the inconvenience.

Desiree looked at herself one last
time in the rear view mirror
before aimlessly walking to David's house. To her surprise, she was the only one there.

Today was the day she would
get David back and to be completely honest, she was frightened. But her anxiousness would help to her advantage.

Through the glass doors, she sees David walking over to her. She immediately fiddles with her necklace, greeting him with a smile and a hug. "Are you hungry? I got us some
burritos."

"Yeah, later. I really need to talk to you." Her face flushes a crimson red as he steps to the side, allowing her to enter. They both sit at the bar table that over looks the view of LA.

"What brings you here?" He questions as he begins to devour straight into the burrito. Looking down at her hands, she sighs. "I'm not trying
to drag you into anything. I just don't really have anyone
to talk to and this whole
thing is eating me alive."

He furrows his eyebrows in confusion before setting down the food he cradled in his hands and
leaned closer towards the frantic girl. "What is going on?" His expression and tone alone is enough to reveal his concern for Desiree.

She didn't know how to proceed because once she did, it was all or nothing. A tear threatens to fall the corner of her eye, emphasizing the seriousness of the situation.

"I cheated on Jeff with Brennen." Her shaky voice turns into full sobs. She found it hard to control herself, or so David thought. Desiree avoids his gaze at all cost, tilting her head towards the ground.

David is still in complete shock, staring at her wide eyed at the information he was just told. "What?"

Desi shakes her head, knowing she couldn't even repeat the words again. As much as she may be playing the part, one little detailed mistake may throw her mojo off completely.

"I'm sorry, I don't know what you want me to say." David answers truthfully. He had just met Desiree and he, himself, was conflicted on whether or not to tell his good friend or allow his new found friend to tell him at her own time.

"I just needed to tell someone. I cant let him know yet, i'm not ready to lose him." She finally
looks up with pleading eyes, "Please don't tell him."

David's eyes widen at her request. He already knew he was apart of
this and he didn't want to seem shady hiding this secret from Jeff.

"David please. I promise to tell him soon." She grabs his hand, as tears all from the side of her cheeks. Without another word, he nods his head and Desiree immediately let's go.

Little did David know, he was in for a treat.

***

It was approximately 7pm when Jeff and I sat in his SUV onto David's house. We were both pretty anxious, considering the fact that I didn't know how compatible we were in a false, serious scenario. 

But I did nail my earlier performance. After ten more minutes of driving, we finally make it into the mansion on top of the hill. "Are you ready?" He asks, opening the door for me and grabbing me hand.