Under the Romance Tree

Tsunami's pov;

At lunch I was about to go sit with Glory in the cafeteria till I got a better idea.

"Glory! Come here!" I shouted and she came running over.

"What?" she asked. "Lets go sit under that big old tree at the oval, I'm sure the teachers won't mind!" I said. She thought for a moment.

"Alright, lets go!" she said eventually.

We ran out into the hot air. Today was so hot, I might as well be thrown into an oven now. The sun's rays were shining down on us and it seemed to make us sweat the minute we ran out the door. We quickly got to the tree and sat in the shade.

"Phew! It's so hot!" Glory said and lied down.

I took off my jacket and all of a sudden we heard a voice.

"Well, now that I'm here, I'm realising how hot she is!".

It was Deathbringer. 

He winked at Glory and she slapped him on the arm when he sat down next to her.

"Ow! Hey! Sorry for the compliment!" he said and laughed. Then Riptide appeared too.

"Hey guys! It really is hot out here isn't it?" he said, a little awkwardly. 

"Nah! Really!?" Glory shouted and Deathbringer barked a laugh.

Riptide shook his head and sat next to me. My eyes widened and I shifted a little closer to Glory. She smirked at me and shifted a little away too.

"Awwww! Are you trying to sit closer to me?" Deathbringer said. "WHAT!? No! I was moving because-" Glory was cut off, 

"Uh-huh, suuurrreeeee" he teased.

She slapped him again in the same spot again and he cried out. 

I had secretly brought a bag of cookies with me so I dug around in my jacket that was on the grass and pulled them out. Riptide and Deathbringer gasped and instantly went to grab the bag. I stood up and held them behind my back.

"No! We are going to share it! So use will wait" I said and passed one to Glory then Deathbringer and Riptide. Deathbringer shoved the whole thing in his mouth, chewed, then opened his mouth at Glory.

"Ewwwwww! Deahbringer! I'm going to kill you!" she shouted.

All of a sudden Deathbringer started running and Glory chased after him. I was left alone with Riptide as we both laughed.

He smiled at me. I smiled at him. We gazed at each other for a while, but I looked away. It was getting a bit awkward...He laughed. To be honest, Riptide and I were friends with benefits. Sometimes we kissed and all but we never made anything official. Also, I kind of liked him so that was a little hard, but as long as we're still friends, I'm happy. 

Just then, he put one finger on my chin and made me face him. My body shivered at his touch. I bit my bottom lip as I gazed into his bright blue eyes. Oh gosh, oh gosh...is he-  my thoughts were cut off as he kissed me. As always, my heart skipped a beat. He kissed me hard but passionately. He tangled his hand in my hair. He stopped and opened his eyes, he looked at me and smiled. I blushed. Silence, awkward silence but still.

"Sorry..." he said and looked away.

"Don"t be! Its fine, really!" I assured him.

He looked back at me, smiled, and looked away again. I rested my head on his shoulder and he rested his on my head. Once again, silence.

Deathbringer's pov;

Glory never gives up! She knew I was way faster then her but she still ran after me. Although, she does get faster everytime she chases me, which happens often. I stopped and swallowed the cookie right away. I didn't realise how close she was so when I stopped, she ran right into me. We tumbled along the grass. Grass got all in my hair and all over my shirt. Then when we finally halted, she was on top off me.

"Ow..." she said. She went to hop off me but I quickly grabbed her arm. After all, I did promise my sister something. 

"Will you go out with me?" I asked.

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I looked deep into her bright green eyes and raised my eyebrow as well, smiling. She shook her head,

"Look, Deathbringer, I'll...I'll think about it ok?" she said and I let her go.

But that wasn't the answer I was looking for, and I wasn't giving up. We shook our heads trying to get the grass off, and we brushed our clothes. She looked at me and I saw a piece of grass of her cheek. I walked up to her and brushed it off. She was looking into my soul as I touched her cheek. Then I made a move and cupped her face in my hands. Our foreheads touched and she shook her head.

"No, Deathbringer, please, don't" she slightly whispered and turned away to walk off. I wasn't going to let her go that easily.

"Oh no you don't!" I said and I grabbed her arms and spun her around. One hand was on her waist and the other on her neck, making our foreheads touch again. Then she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. I went for a kiss.

Then she wrapped her leg around one of mine and pulled so she tripped me over. I fell in the grass again and groaned as my head throbbed. "I don't give up that easily either!" she laughed standing over me. She walked back to the old tree Tsunami and Riptide were and I watched her. Well then, I thought, lets not make it so easy.

~~~~~~~~~~

After lunch, my next class was art. I was glad to see Glory was in that same class, but I could tell she was trying to avoid me because every time I went near her she would instantly walk away.

Our art teacher, Mrs. Orchid, asked us to paint, sketch or anything in the room.

I was a horrible at painting but I thought I was alright at sketching. Then I got an idea. I sat at a table and saw Glory painting on a canvas that was on a stand. I grabbed a pencil and started sketching her.

Fatespeaker had taught me some drawing and writing skills back at home, but for Glory, I had to make this perfect.

I got every line right and I constantly kept looking up at Glory that I got a little head ache. Once I was finished, it looked like a master piece. I made sure everything was exactly like it was in real life.

She looked so peaceful and calm when she painted. I quickly got up and had to try and sneak out of class, which I did easily because Mrs Orchid never pays attention. The halls were silent other then some classes I passed. I saw Glory's locker and stuck the picture to it with a beautiful flower sticker I got from my class. I wrote in the corner of the page quickly, by Deathbringer. Then I quickly, but silently, ran back to class.

~~~~~~~~~~

The bell went and I acted as casual as I could. I walked over to my locker and put my art book away.

Just one more class! I thought, wishing the day would end already.

I looked down the hall to see Glory, far away, examining the picture and smiling. I quickly turned away in case she would see me.

"Hey man!" I heard a voice approaching. It was my best friend, Riptide, "Wanna hang out after school?" he asked.

I looked back at Glory and saw she was staring at me smiling, and eyebrow raised and arms crossed.

"Actually...I think I'm gonna be a little busy" I replied to Riptide.

He looked at Glory as well, turned backed to me and punched me playfully in the shoulder.

"You go get her!" he said and walked off. I shook my head at the cheesy words but hoped that she would  have surrendered by now. And by the looks on her face, I'd say...maybe?

A/N- Ok so, I don't really care if some chapters are to short ok! I know use probably don't mind but...yeah... Also in case you haven't read my other story, One Little Nighwing, i want you to know I'm a young writer in 6th grade sooooo yyyeeaahhh.... Dunno why I wanted you to know that but now you do so yeah!