Leaving Home

Clay's pov;

I sat on my couch going through my phone and eating a burger.

"Clay, why are you always eating!?" shouted my mother, Cattail.

"Because I want too!" I shouted back. She just rolled her eyes and mumbled "You eat to much, I don't want a fat son."

"I can do what I want! Leave me alone mum!" I shouted and slammed the burger to the ground, creating a huge mess.

Reed, Umber, Marsh, Pheasant and Sora came running down stairs to see what was going on.

"I should have sold you for those cows! Maybe we would have been eating better with the money!" Cattail bellowed.

I stare at her. "What!?" I ask. She laughs.

"Oh I never told you? Well, when you were a baby, just a few years before your father left, I met a man" she explained, a devilish smirk on her face.

"He was part of this weird peace group, I thought he might have been a hippy. Anyway, he asked me to give you to him and he would have given me two cows and around two hundred dollars" she continued.

"Wha-what did you do?" I stuttered.

"Well, I refused, I knew your father would be leaving me not long from then so I needed some company" she answered.

I couldn't believe it. How could she!?
"WELL MAYBE YOU SHOULD HAVE SOLD ME! BECAUSE IM ALREADY LEAVING!!!" I bellowed and ran past my siblings to my room, locking it.

I start packing a suit case. I grabbed all my favourite clothes and a few extra. I grabbed my phone, charger and all my pocket money. I didn't know what I was doing or where I would go, but o knew I had to get out of here.

I hear my brother, Umber, banging on the door. "Clay! Please don't leave us! We still love you!" he cried. I got up and placed my fore head on the door.

"I'm sorry" I say. I grabbed the suit case, and climb out my window. There was a thud as I jumped down and I felt like my ankle broke.

I groaned and grabbed it. I ignored the pain and got up. I lived on a little farm sort of place so there was a long driveway. I ran and ran and ran. Down the street, past a couple of more houses and finally stopped beside a tree. I sat down and suddenly got an idea.

I called my aunt, Asha and waited for her to answer.

"Why did you leave!?" shouted Asha. I sat on her couch in the small living room she had.

"I just had to OK!? She...she doesn't love me..." I said but trailed off. She frowned and said "Look, your mother has a lot of pressure OK? She has to raise six kids Clay! And she has no one!"

"But you help her, don't you?" I asked. "Of course I do! I'm just saying, she going through some hard times. Her husband left, she's broke and she was raised horribly, believe me, I was there" Asha explained.

I realised my mistake. I shouldn't have left. But I just felt so... unwanted.
Then my phone rang.

My aunt nodded at it, telling me to answer. I look who it was and it was Peril. OK seriously, who gave her my number!? I thought.

"Hello?" I said as I answered. "Hey Clay! I was just wondering what you were doing today?" Peril said.

"Look Peril, now's not a good time" I mumbled. "OK then, I'll get straight to the point, look, I'm moving out of my house and I can't live alone because of my anger issues. So mum is making me get a roommate and I want that to be you!" she said and giggled.

I heard Asha laugh a little. "Yeah, um-  I guess I could move in then?"

"Nice! I'll text you my address K? Byyyeeeee!" then she hung up.

"Ahahaha! That girl has a massive crush on you!" Asha laughed, "But that is actually good for this situation, you live with her for a while and maybe you'll know what to do about your mother."

I hesitated for a moment, but then nodded. "Then, could you possibly... drive me there please?" I asked and Asha laughed. "Yes sweetie, of course."

I now stood outside the main entrance of the big apartment. It was painted white and looked very modern. Then I looked up at the balconies and saw Peril staring down at me from one.

"HHHIIII CCCLLLLAAAAYYY!!!" she shouted and everyone around me looked up at her then me.

I waved and smiled nervously. Then entered the building. The insisd was once again, modern. Woman in long black dresses and fluffy scarfs with man in tuxedos. It was kind of weird since I was the only one in a normal T-shirt and shorts with a bag on my back.

Then, I saw Peril. She jumped out of the elevator, sprinted past people and gave me a hug. I almost fell to the ground when she leapt into my arms. 

"Hey Clay! You made it! Oh, come on! I wanna show you our new home!" she said. Peril had mid length bright red-ish, orange hair. She had bright blue eyes and was wearing a denim jacket with a black shirt and blue jeans.

We entered the elevator and waited a while as it made its way up. When the doors opened, Peril grabbed my hand and ran down the hall to room 23.

"Woah!" I exclaimed as we opened the front door, "This is beautiful Peril!"

The room was painted white and, of course, modern. 

"How much did it cost for you for this place!?" I asked. She laughed.

"Well, you know my mother, she kind of threatens the principal, Miss.Indigo, for more money so..." she trailed off. "Well, that makes sense, Kestrel is the most scariest teacher there so" I laughed and went to go check out my room.

It was painted very light brown with a nicely made bed. It had a flat screen on the wall, across from the bed and a desk at the other side of the room. There was a computer on the desk and books and a pencil tin with a closet that was empty.

"Woah! Everything here is so clean and nice!" I said as Peril entered the room.

"I know right!? I seriously don't know how mum afforded this but its amazing here!" she answered and shooed me out of the room to the table. Peril began cooking something and I realised I was so hungry!

I sat my bag on the ground next to me and got out my phone. I started scrolling down on the News website and saw a very wealthy looking family. And the new kid, Darkstalker, was one of the sons.

The picture had a mother with long black hair and a very fancy black, star covered dress. She had lots of make up on and smiling, her name was Foeslayer. The father had bright white hair and very pale. He had a serious look on his face, wearing a white tuxedo and a hand on Darkstalker's shoulder, Arctic.

A girl  standing next to Darkstalker had short black and white hair an me was wearing a white dress. She had a slight smile on her face. Then there was Darkstalker. A bit shorter than his parents but also a very serious look on his face that made my skin get goosebumps.

The news line said-
The famous and well known Arctic family has had a horrible tragedy! Just a couple of hours ago, Mrs. Foeslayer has come home to find her husband, dead in the kitchen with a gun in his hand!

Police say that he committed suicide but Foeslayer says there was no reason for him too. "We were a happy family with two beautiful children! There was no reason for him to do this to himself!" she had said. Will this case be solved? Or forever known a mystery? Find out soon on channel six News!

I couldn't believe it! Arctic, one of the most richest, most protected man, is dead?

A/N- I think we all know what's going on here ;)
Anyway, I don't really know what to say so hope you liked the chapter and don't forget to vote or comment! (Well you don't have to *sniff* I don't care...)

Oh BTW I recommend you check out my other story 'One little Nightwing'.
It has really little views so... Yeah. I think you'll like it.

Anyway, see you next chapter!