New kid

Riptide's pov;

I sat at the bleachers with Turtle and Deathbringer.

"So, when are you gonna tell her?" I asked Turtle.

"NOT ANY TIME SOON! No way! Look, I don't think she even likes me, or even wants a relationship!" he shouted.

Deathbringer and I laughed.

"Come on mate! Your getting older now so put your big boy pants on and man up!" Deathbringer said and we laughed again.

Turtle was my younger brother, 14 years old, and so was Glory's younger sister, Kinkajou, so them dating would work out. Turtle has liked her for a long time now, but the thing is, she was the matchmaker, not really the dater herself. I mean, she's the one that got me and Tsunami friends which kind of wasn't her plan but she's still trying.

"Wait, what time is it?" Turtle asked looking at me.

My eyes widened, I looked at the time. My football game was any minute!

"OH NO! IM OUT, BYE!!!" I shouted and ran to the gym to get changed to my football uniform. 

I was standing in the middle of the massive field. Flame, Squid, Strongwings, Fjord and loads of other boys were playing as well. Then when the whistle went we all heard somene in the crowd say

"LET THE HUNGER GAMES BEGIN!" which we all knew was Tsunami.

I started running, but the other team had obviously got the ball already because Squid had it and he wasn't even trying. I seriously don't know how he got in the team.

Flame growled and tackled the other player who had the ball. The player groaned but stood up and passed the ball between his legs to one of his team players behind him.

So the game went on with shouts from people in the crowd as well as Flame and Strongwings, more Squid just completely giving up. This team wasn't really acting like a team at all. In fact, I'm the one that always has to stop people from punching each other at training, helping Squid up when he gets attacked and all other embarrassing things. That's why I'm team captain, and believe me, sometimes it isn't that fun...

At the end of the game, we had lost. The other team cheered and cheered as they walked off. I took off my helmet and threw it to the ground. "What is wrong with use!" I shouted to the team.

Some of them flinched and others  just ignored me.

"We are supposed to be a team! Use are letting me down! Now man up and start listening before I break your hands so you can never touch another football again!!!"

My throat hurt from all the shouting, Flame had fire in his eyes as Squid just crossed his arms and gave me a childish look as I told him how weak he was.

Then in the corner of my eye, I saw Tsunami. She stomped over towards us, then shot everyone of my the players a deadly look. Oh no... I thought as I covered my ears and braced myself.

She shouted and cursed and cursed some more at the players. Most had horrified faces and others were still angry. "NOW THEN, NEXT FREAKING TIME, USE ARE GONNA TRY BETTER YOU GOT IT!?" everyone nodded rapidly.

Then she calmed down "Well then now that that's out of my system, good game" she said and turned to me. "See you at lunch" she said quietly and walked off.

Lunch Time

"So that game sucked, and I swear, I was moments away from jumping down to the field and breaking all the bones in Squids body!" Deathbringer shouted.