Chapter 7

43

"It had to of been Miguel," said Miles as they were walking back to his house.

"But it doesn't make sense why would he block me from going home," said Gwen.

"I don't know but he better text me back soon," snapped Miles.

They got back to Miles's house but they merely stood outside the door awkwardly unsure of what to do.

"I'll tell them," said Miles.

"Tell them what that I'm locked outside of my dimension from someone else who is in an alternate dimension in the future, that your Spider-Man what are you going to tell them," snapped Gwen.

Miles flinched as if he had been struck.

Gwen sighed her eyes beginning to water, "I'm sorry Miles it's not you that I'm mad at".

"I know," said Miles rubbing her back.

Gwen blinked away the tears and shook herself. "I'll be there is you need me".

Miles nodded, "Thanks," he said voice thick with emotion.

They went inside, Rio was doing dishes and Miles's dad was reading a police report. They saw Gwen and both immediately looked at Miles questionly.

"Miles what's going on?" asked Jefferson his voice a mixture of caution and anger.

"Uhhhh, you might want to sit down," said Miles.

Gwen put her face in her hands, "Oh you idiot".

Rio covered her mouth in horror. Jefferson's face became clouded in anger, his chair scraped loudly across the floor as he stood up. "You (keeping the story a hard PG) idiot. I thought you would no better, your fourteen for Christ's sake. And you," he snapped pointing at Gwen. "I thought well of you but it looks like I was wrong, your nothing but a".

"DON'T YOU DARE!!!" roared Miles electricity dancing around his body. Some jumped to the TV causing to explode. Lightbulbs through the house burst and the sound of glass hitting the floor tinged throughout the house.

Jefferson and Rio looked at Miles wide-eyed in fear.

"Now sit down and listen, it's not what you think," snarled Miles.

Jefferson and Rio sat down staring at Miles their faces petrified.

The electricity around Miles disappeared and he sat down. Gwen sat next to him. Miles took a deep breath, not to steel himself but to calm himself. He did a few more times and he felt calm again. He looked at his parents and gave them a smile. "Sorry," he said meekly.

"Hijo, what is going on?" asked his mom.

Miles opened his mouth to answer, paused then said, "I'm Spider-Man".

His parents stared at him mouths hanging open. His dad was the first to speak, "how...how...how..."

"A surprisingly painless spider bite," said Miles.

His mom still looked at him in shock, his dad fell back in his chair. "Tell me the whole story," he said.

Miles gave him a small grin. "Need to make a few calls first". He called the rest of the spider gang with his gizmo putting them on a video chat, they all answered except for Miguel. Only Noir and Spider-Ham were in their suits so the others looked normal. Miles started the story at when he went to Uncle Aaron's.

His dad scowled but didn't comment. The others introduced themselves when Miles got to their parts in the story. Gwen was introduced she simply said, "That's me".