Chapter 29

11

    Miles stared at Silvermane in disbelief. “You’re lying I’ve been to Earth-65!”

    Silvermane laughed cruelly, “You think you can tell when someone lies, that’s adorable”. Silvermane glowed blue for a second then vanished.

    Suddenly Miles was standing on the street and surrounded by Silvermane’s gons, all of whom had guns pointed at him.

    Miles immediately began punching and webbing them. Their guns flashed but Miles fought like a man possessed. Their knocked out bodies trailed behind him as he fought through the crowd. They began to runaway and Miles panted. Everything began to glow blue then Miles’s entire surroundings changed. The goons were gone and in their places regular people, their guns were replaced with phones. And the smoke filled sky was replaced with a typical sunny day.

    Police cars began zooming up to the near where Miles was, and skidding to a stop. Police jumped out of their cars and aimed their guns at Miles.

    Miles felt numb and he could only watch their mouths move, but there was no sound. A news helicopter flew overhead and a screen on The Daily Bugle building had a headline about Spider-Man attacking civilians.

    What did I do, thought Miles. He fell to his knees as police officers walked towards him handcuffs at the ready. What did I do? He asked.

    Christine gave the scene below her a satisfied smile, “On to the next one”.