Chapter 35

4

   They leapt at Mysterio who multiplied and there practically a wall of her.

    “Friday, scan for vitals and keep it up,” said Tony.

   The Mysterio’s condensed into one massive Mysterio. “That's against the rules,” she said. He let out a giant blast at Tony. Tony held out his arms and energy shields formed in front of him. Bullets bounced off of the shields and Christine roared in anger. The bullets seemed to intensify.

   Miles and Gwen leapt at the massive Mysterio. Christine swatted them and they flew through the air before crashing to the ground.

    “You’re not spiders you are flies,” Christine roared.

    “I’m not a spider,” said Morbius. He dashed forward in flash and began punching into the illusion. Drones flew through the air before crashing to the ground and exploding.

    The illusion vanished and Christine flew through the air and into the building.

   Otto fired a laser from his mechanical legs. Mysterio let out a green blast in response which Otto dodged. Mysterio vanished in the building and the five nodded at each other.

    They leapt, swung, and flew into the building. It was completely empty except for pillars which supported the roof above.

    Darkness rushed over them and the building vanished. They stood in a field of darkness, nothing visible except for each other.

   “Friday why am I not picking up vital signs?” asked Tony.

   “Sorry boss, something is scrambling the sensors,” said the Ai.

    “You were foolish to come here, and why did you for Peter?” asked Christine’s voice from the darkness.

    “You tried to kill him,” roared Tony.

    “Your one to talk of killing people Mr. Stark,” said Christine’s voice.

    Tony began blasting into the darkness. Small explosions rang out through the darkness, accompanied by laughter.

   “Show yourself, coward,” yelled Otto.

   Christine chuckled, “Miles and Gwen, you both are quite quiet nothing to say?”

    “Show yourself and my fist will talk plenty,” said Miles stepping forward.

    “Why Miles, I’m right here,” she said.

    Suddenly she appeared next to Miles her hand raised. Stark blasted and Miles punched her. There was a flash of color as Miles's fist, and then Tony’s blast struck the pillar. Miles cursed under his breath and shook his hand in the air.

    Christine laughed, “You should know better, going punching things in the dark”.

    Morbius ran forward and kicked. A green blast shot out from close by and struck his shoulder. Tony and Otto blasted at the spot where the green blast came from, while Miles and Gwen fired webs.

    “Only cowards hide!” yelled Miles.

    Christine laughed, “Big words from the boy who snuck out of his room at night to attack people”.

   “Big words from a killer!” countered Miles.

    Christine gasped, “A killer, no a killer takes life. No, I give life, to your nightmares”.

  A horde of monsters appeared and rushed forward, stampeding over them.

   “Multiple contusions detected,” chimed Friday.

    They rose unsteadily and watched as four monsters slowly took shape. All four represented an element: Earth, Air, Water, and Fire.

    Mysterio landed between them and her helmet slid back, The two sides stood across from one another on the pure darkness. “Let’s dance”.