Chapter 13

36

Peni had skipped the bells and whistles on the gizmos so that she could finish them sooner. Their new visitors were especially grateful for the no glitching feature.

  In the meanwhile, Miguel tapped his trey thoughtfully.

“Miguel,” snapped Miles.

Miguel looked at him surprised, “Yeah?”

“Stop tapping your trey, it’s getting annoying,” he said.

“Sorry, just thinking,” said Miguel.

Miles was intrigued it wasn’t as if he had anything better to do since he was still stuck in the hospital bed and Gwen had gone home. “What about?”

“The collider was in Patton’s universe, so why did they come to your universe,” said Miguel.

“I don’t know maybe when the collider broke they just ended up here,” said Miles.

Miguel’s eyes narrowed, “They just happened to end up in your universe, the universe where all of us are, no I don’t like it something is up”.

    Peter’s gizmo rang and he answered. Nick Fury’s face appeared. “Someone broke Olivia Octavious out of prison, she shut off security but he was looking at other cells. Sandman’s cell, Rhino’s cell, even Tombstone’s cell. If they are planning a major assault will you be able to deal with it”?

“I’ve got a team,” said Peter.

“Who put you in charge,” said Superior Spider-Man.

“Shut up,” said Peter.

“A team will work,” said Fury.

There was a distant explosion, “I’m gonna have to call you back,” said Peter hanging up.

“Let’s web em’ up,” said Peter putting on his mask and running towards the explosion.

    They arrived at the site of the explosion. The civilians had all ran away but standing in the smoking crater was Olivia Octavious.

She looked up at them smiling, “This wasn’t my idea, my friend he wanted to have the first servings”.

Morlun leapt from a nearby building landing right in the middle of the Web Warriors.

He swung an arm and knocked away Ezikeal, Ben, and Ham. He gave a swift kick and sent Spider-UK flying.

“That’s not nice,” said Peter jumping up and punching the man.

The man wasn’t affected at all by the punch, he simply smiled. “Not even a drop of blood”.

   He backhanded Peter who slammed into the ground head pounding with pain.

  Noir pulled out a Tommy gun from his trench coat and he opened fire. The bullets punched into Morlun each one leaving a large hole in him. “Hmm,” said Morlun. He darted forward in a blur and punched Noir who flew into a skyscraper.

Silk leapt into the air shot two webs into the ground and pulled herself towards Morlun. She kicked his back and he stumbled forward. He spun to see who had struck him and Silk webbed his face and pulled it towards her fist. His neck let out an audible snap at hit and he grinned, “You are ripe for the picking”.

Superior Spider-Man leapt in front of him his mechanical arms stabbing Morlun while he punched him. Morlun grabbed one of his arms and flung him.

Mayday swung past Morlun giving him a swift kick as she did. Morlun grabbed her web and with a yank pulled her towards him. She slid and was laying right under him. He pulled her up and cocked his head examining her. “Not ripe,” he said. His fist seemed to fly striking her in the face and her head lolled back. Morlun dismissively tossed her off of the building.

“NO,” yelled Peter and he swung off the building catching her.

  Morlun smiled at Silk, “You’ll make a fine meal”.

  Suddenly there were several loud bangs and Morlun flinched as if struck. He turned and shot Noir an annoyed look. “That’s getting annoying”. He slammed a fist against his chest and bullets popped out his back.

Noir threw the Tommy gun aside and cracked his knuckles, “So ya wanna hardball eh?”

Morlun rolled his neck it cracked several times and he smiled, “Sure”.

Noir charged, then he fired a web on the ground right behind Morlun. Noir slingshot himself forward punching Morlun in the head. Morlun swung at Noir who dodged the swipe and shoved his hat on Morlun’s face. Noir hit Morlun on the chin with a massive uppercut Morlun stumbled back the hat flying off his face. The hat landed perfectly on Noir’s head and he tipped it at Morlun.

Morlun growled and anger and lunged at Noir. Noir dodged the attack and delivered a series of swift punches to Morlun’s abdomen including one to the solar plexus. Morlun fell to his knees gasping for.

“Pleasure doing business with you,” Noir with a hat tip.

He drew back his fist and swung it at Morlun. There was a meaty smack as his fist struck Morlun’s palm. Morlun closed his hand and started squeezing Noir’s. Noir groaned in pain and swung with his other hand. Morlun caught that one as well and began crushing it. Morlun stood up snarling at Noir who looked up at him eyes wide with fear.

“You’ll do,” Morlun hissed wrapping Noir in a hug and biting down on his neck.

“NO!” yelled Ham.

Noir looked at his friends and smiled, he hoped they could tell. “So long fellas,” he said with a tip of the hat. He reached into the folds of his trench coat and grabbed a pistol. He held it up to Morlun’s head and fired.

Morlun yelled in pain and dropped Noir. He grabbed his head then snarled. He picked Noir back up throwing his gun aside and he bit back down. Noir went limp and his hat slowly drifted the ground.

Morlun dropped him and looked at Doc Ock, “Let’s go”. He waved his hand and portals opened up taking both of them.

    Several hours had passed everyone had been told what had happened. Peter B had gone to Noir’s dimension with Noir’s body, telling his relatives what had happened. Peni and Ham just cried they weren’t able to do anything else.

They were all gathered in the hospital room a gloomy silence over all of them, including Peter who had returned. Miguel gestured for Peter to join him and Ezekiel who were in the midst of a conversation.

“Yeah?” asked Peter.

“There are more them, the one we fought Morlun he’s the most powerful but there are more,” said Ezekiel.

Peter’s eyes widened in fear, “What do we do”.

Miguel and Ezekiel shrugged.

Miles hobbled over to them a determined look in his eyes, “We get more firepower”.

“Who?” asked Ezekiel.

Miles pulled out his phone quickly typing something in it. Then he handed it to Peter, “I was thinking about giving him call”.

Peter scoffed, “I don’t believe it, you have him to”.

“Have who?” asked Miguel.

Peter ignored Miguel’s question instead looking at his gizmo, “Can this thing go to a new spot in the same dimension?”

“Yes,” said Miguel cautiously, “Why?”

“I’m going to San Francisco,” said Peter giving the phone back to Miles. On the screen was a pure black figure except for its massive toothy grin and pure white eyes.

Miguel grinned, “I know that guy. This plan seems promising”.

https://youtu.be/xFbnyftPHAQ

Author's Note: As always comments and criticism are welcome. Even hate mail is welcome. Also Noir was my favorite, but not sorry. Finally, still, time to say what villains you want to appear in the upcoming chapter.