Chapter 30

9

    Miles was in the back of his a police car numb from the experience. He kept trying to figure out what had happened but no possibilities made sense to him. His mask was still on the police officers had decided not take off his mask yet. As the car hit a speed bump a single thought entered his mind, ‘I miss Gwen’.

    Gwen swung through New York hoping to find bad guys. She had a bad day at school and was hoping to find someone to take her anger out on. The wind whipped at her hood as she swung eventually landing on the Chrysler Building. She and she troubled mind watched the view below when a ghostly voice from behind her said, “Gwen”.

    She spun around and saw Earth-65’s Peter Parker covered in scales and with bright yellow eyes.

    “I’m back,” he said and lunged at her.

    Gwen instictivly leapt off the building away from the attack. She looked back to see him but he was gone. Then she the wind began to whistle in her ears as she sped towards the ground and her flapped wildly. The ground got closer and closer every second as she looked around for an escape.

    There was a green flash and figure appeared beside her: Mysterio. Gwen’s eyes flared open in shock and anger at the sight of the woman who had kissed Miles. “Have fun landing,” said Mysterio waving goodbye as she stopped in midair and watched as Gwen sped past her towards the ground.

    Gwen saw the ground speeding towards her, it was only a few seconds away from her now. She closed her eyes and focused on the wind whipping on her face.

Something slammed into her and she her eyes flared open. She saw a oncoming window and she was spun in midair by something and it crashed through the window instead. It released it’s grip on her and she rolled across the floor. She spun and looked at who had saved her.

    A pale figure gave her a pained, pointed smile. “Last time I saw you everything was going your way. How did you manage to screw that up?” asked Morbius?

    Gwen opened her mouth then closed it, before simply saying, “It’s a long story”.

    “Isn’t it always,” said Morbius. "Come on there's someone you need to talk to".