Chapter 38

1!!!

    Gwen’s funeral was in two stages, the first was for friends and family exclusively. Peter, MJ, Miguel, Penny, Ham, Jefferson, Rio, Morbius, and Otto joined Miles, Charlotte, and Max. Tony and Pepper had both died several years before of old age, and George had been gone for two years.

    Miles kept his face straight through the funeral refusing to cry in front of Charlotte and Max, but tears still leaked out. Miles watched numbly as the pallbearers carried her to her grave.

    Miles found himself in front of a microphone and suddenly he was a kid again at the funeral of Peter Parker. Miles breathed deeply and spoke slowly. “Gwen believed that every person had the potential to be great. She knew that you don’t need superpowers to be great, just to try and be the best version of yourself. She loved this city, music, her friends, and her family. If she were here she would tell you to celebrate her life and not to cry,” said Miles his voice catching. A crowd, most of them wearing Gwen’s mask, looked back at him hanging onto every word.

    “So don’t cry for her or the things she won’t do, honor what she did do and what she stood for,” said Miles stepping back from the microphone.

   Miles stood by the grave as person after person left tributes by her grave, Miles couldn’t look any of them in the eyes all he was able to do was hum to try and stop the tears. https://youtu.be/oMrZO23DA0A

    Miles stood there for hours upon hours until the night came. He slowly walked home, every step filled with numbly. He stopped and looked up at the night sky and remembered their first kiss. “We’ll always have the stars,” Miles whispered up to the glittering sky.