Chapter 25

17

    Gwen felt like she was walking on air as she went inside. She couldn’t stop the smile that kept reforming on her face. The door opened and her dad walked inside shaking his head but a small smile tugged at his lips. “Looked like a heck of a first date,” he commented.

    Gwen avoided his gaze as she turned bright pink. “It was,” she said.

    “Going spidering?” he asked.

    Gwen shook her head, “No I’ll turn in early tonight”.

    Her dad nodded and Gwen went to her room. She immediately fell back on her bed, grinning. She tried to stop smiling but it refused to go away. “You shouldn’t be acting like this your sixteen,” she scolded herself. But she thought of Miles and her grin grew even more.

    Meanwhile back on Earth-1610 Miles swung through the city absolutely euphoric. A scream rang out. Miles’s glee evaporated and he looked to where the scream came from. An old woman was being held at gunpoint. Miles webbed a billboard and stuck to it. He landed on the side an building and leapt off it. He landed on a flag which shot him into the air. He landed next to the mugger and a swift punch knocked the man to ground out cold.

    The woman smiled at him not at all surprised, “I expected you to be faster. But you’re not Peter Parker I suppose”.

    Miles froze every muscle in body freezing and every thought in brain stopping. “What?” he managed.

    The old woman patted his arm and began walking away. Miles watched her for a few seconds then turned his attention to the mugger. The mugger had vanished, Miles looked around wildly for him and saw that the old woman had as well. “What is going on here?” muttered Miles.

    His gizmo buzzed and he saw that his dad was calling him. Miles answer and his dad’s hologram immediately popped up. “Mil,” he stopped himself. “Spider-Man we need your help. Someone or something is attacking JW international”.

    Miles’s eyes widened. JW international was a new skyscraper opening today. The whole thing was one giant bank and it was going to be packed today. “I’ll be right there,” he said.

    Miles sprinted across the street and swung onto a building. He leapt from rooftop to rooftop quickly arriving at JW international.

    The police had blocked off the entrance with their cars as they fired at whatever it was. It looked like a man mixed with a rat. The police kept firing on it but the bullets just bounced off of it as it roared in rage.

    Miles text Gwen, “Might need a hand”.

    He heard his gizmo ding with a response but he had already swung at the creature. Miles released the web and aimed his feet at the creature. The creature side stepped the attack and slashed Miles’s arm.

    Miles backed away from the creature as it hissed at him. He webbed a manhole cover and yanked it into the creature’s back. It stumbled forward and Miles punched the creature right in the face. The creature’s tail moved so fast that Miles could dodge it, it wrapped itself around his ankles and pulled him to the ground.

    Miles stared up at the creature which raised it’s massive fist. The creature slammed Miles as bullets bounced against it. All the air was driven out of Miles’s chest and it slammed him again. Miles grabbed his stomach which burned in pain.

    The creature raised it’s fist again, they swung towards Miles. They were inches away when a green blast slammed into the creature driving it back. The creature slid backwards and a figure landed on the ground.

    The figure wore a golden breastplate that was connected to golden gauntlets by green scaled sleeves. The green scales extended to golden boots which were almost obscured by the flowing red cape. The most distinctive and prominent feature was covering the person’s head was fish bowl like object that was cloudy on the inside. The figure released another green blast from their hands blasting the creature back yet again. The figure yelled, “Begone vermin” as they released another blast this one knocking the creature into the manhole. It yelped in pain when it hit the bottom. The only sound was that of scampering and whimpering as it ran away.

    The figure turned towards Miles and held out their hand. Miles clasped it and they pulled him up.

    “Nice to meet you Spider-Man, call me Mysterio,” said the figure.

Little Easter Egg Challenge: Who is the villain that Mysterio defeats? First person to get it gets to ask 3 questions about the story. Second person two. Third person one. Fourth you get a pat on the back. Remember to comment and vote.

 Remember to comment and vote