toast

٩()۶

This early in the morning?

On this fine morning the front door to Aoi's home was cracked open, letting in the mornings chill. She stood there simply observing the tall figure in front of her. It was her mother's boss, whose reason for being there was plainly obvious.

The man grinned.
"Hey there Aoi. Where's your doting mom?"

This occasional smugness of his was found highly displeasing.

"Sleeping." Aoi responded, walking away from the door.

He stepped inside making sure the door behind him was closed. There were previous mornings just like this one. Where he'd make himself at home until the woman woke up. If Aoi mentioned that it bothered her in some way her remarks would get shut down.

I should start getting ready for school. We have rescue training today, so I'm looking forward to it.

I'm in a pretty good mood today. Despite that man showing up unannounced again.

Aoi walked to her bedroom making sure to lock the door. She slipped on her uniform, leaving her jacket off. It was a surprisingly hot morning, she'd just slip it on later today.

A quick look down at her bandages let her know they needed to be replaced. They were usually found in the kitchens cabinets. That's where they usually kept their medicine and such.

Since I'm heading to the kitchen I'll have some toast...maybe with some jam?"

Aoi unlocked her bedroom door heading into the kitchen. That man was still gracing her with his presence in the living room. He noticed her in the kitchen as well as her obvious change of outfit.

"What's this now? Isn't that the uniform for UA? You managed to get in?" He asked, despite knowing the answers to his own questions.

It was something she knew which caused her to simply ignore him, popping some bread into the toaster.

A kitchen cabinet clacked open and she rummaged for fresh bandages. Applying on new ones would only take a minute, two at the most. It was easy for her to try and do so while she waited for the toaster to ring. The thought of warm toast waiting for her only made her try and hurry.

In the middle of the unraveling process footsteps audibly approached her direction. In her oddly chipper mood she simply brushed it off as nothing grandiose and continued the task at hand. But in the middle of wrapping her left hand he spoke up.

"You know...oddly enough you're probably cuter than your mom. I'd dare say even say hot."
He laughed. "I can probably give you a job when you're older. The company I work in is pretty big you know?"

His insinuation made her feel disgusted. But giving this piece of garbage any sort of reaction would only make her feel worse, so she remained blank. However that didn't mean she had no feelings.

Her fixed gaze was steadily trying to focus on the task she had directly in front of her. The bandaging began to look sloppier the more she advanced. It was a telling sign that she was disturbed; considering she's been doing this since her quirk manifested. Especially taking into account that her grandmother nurse taught her.

"Come on now, don't be so cold! You won't ever get a boyfriend that way! You don't want to be alone your whole life now do you?"

She could picture that same smug face he always had when he spoke. It made angering much easier, but the best option was to ignore him. She'd only waste her time if she said anything.