cigarette smoke

(-.-)y-., o O

The chatter of students was continuous and stirred. The commencement of the annual sports festival was about to take place. Certain teens couldn't hide their obvious enthusiasm.

"It's finally going to start! There's so much people, I'm beginning to get nervous."

Kaminari was all over the place along with Mina and Sero. Midoriya radiated an aura full of nervousness. Probably due to the amount of people watching the event. Knowing it was to be broadcasted on live tv was nerve wracking as well.

Each individual class awaited in assigned waiting rooms.

'They're really looking forward to this aren't they? Well I'd lie if I say I wasn't, Juno said he and his parents would come watch. They closed the café just for it so I'm gonna have to work hard.'

Aoi's thoughts were interrupted by the sudden change in atmosphere. The once loud room became silent, Todoroki stood in front of Midoriya.

Kirishima was near both of them trying to deescalate their abrupt conversation.

"Come on you guys, there's no need for this."

Todoroki shooed his hand away and continued. The blue eyed girl observed curiously.

'a rivalry? Who would've thought. Well taking the competitive atmosphere into consideration it isn't surprising. Actually no, he became a bit hostile just now. Seeing that..he has to have other reasons to target Midorya like this.'

"I didn't come here to make friends. This isn't a team effort. That goes for you too Aoi, I'll beat you."

His sudden declaration to her took her aback a bit. She thought for a bit not knowing how to retaliate. But her thoughts were promptly interrupted by Midoriya's words.

"..I'll be aiming for the top too." The nervousness once in him had slightly disappeared.

"Fine." Todoroki replies.

Bakugo looked displeased with the interaction, Aoi was sitting directly across from the hothead.

"Mad because he didn't include you?" The girl asked.

Bakugo clicked his tongue.

"Shut up! It's none of your business."

He turned his head annoyed, she hit the nail on the head. The boys interaction reminded her of Shinso's previous declaration to the class.

"This is very similar to that purple haired dude that came to our class." Kirishima sighed.

"You mean Shinso?" Aoi asked.

Kirishima pointed at her in agreement.

"Yeah that dude from general studies! I forgot his name for a sec. How do you know him Aoi?"

Kaminari interrupts their small talk.

"Is he your boyfriend?! Is that why you guys talked when he came over?!"