a cruel way to confess

*possible trigger warning if you're sensitive to topics discussing panic attacks*

Midnight announced a Calvary battle. The students were to form groups and battle it out for the points they earned in the race. Due to the tie between Aoi and Midoriya, to make things more interesting the referees decided to pair up the two. The rest of their teammates were something they'd decide on their own accord.

"Well, let's get this over with shall we?" Aoi said looking at Midoriya.

He nods, scouting out teammates.

"I for sure thought she'd lose, with the way things were looking. I'm such a horrible friend." Juno cries.

His mom shakes her head.

Aoi and her teammates placed third. Ultimately getting their top points snatched away was their temporary downfall. They gained their momentum again when Aoi somehow managed to steal some points back from Todoroki.

"Okay! So what's the next event?" Mrs. Saito asks her son.

Juno chuckles nervously.

"I believe they announced individual battles."

The first match was to be Shinso against Midoriya. Students were instructed to head over to the stands and seat themselves. Aoi picked out an isolated spot in the front for a better view of the match.

After the Calvary battle was over Aoi had a conversation with Shinso. She saw him come out on stage which made her remember his words to her.

"Well even if I don't win, who knows? Maybe the teachers over at the hero course might have a change of heart and transfer me over. I intend to win though."

'Shinso's pretty cool. But I've known this for a while.'

A thud is heard next to her interrupting her thoughts.

"So who do you think will win?" Bakugo speaks up.

Aoi looks at him with a pensive look on her face.

"Who knows? As unpredictable as Midoriya can be he might be able to win against Shinso. It's a fat maybe though." She responds redirecting her attention elsewhere.

"Hm? The way you worded that, it's almost as if you were rooting for that purple haired dude."

Aoi looks back down at the stage, the match was about to start.

"Who knows? Maybe."

Unpredictable was the right word to describe this fight. Although Shinso used his brainwashing from the start, Midoriya managed to free himself. He had managed to create a gust of wind, freeing him from Shinso's quirk.

After the match the two boys were seen conversing about something. Shinso's attention is then redirected to the stand where class 1a resides in.

Aoi throws him a thumbs up with a face of approval. He paused for a second, making a face saying 'I lost though?'. Aoi shrugged her shoulders, by her gestures he could tell she was motioning 'what's your point?'. This made him laugh at their ridiculous looking interaction.