out of order

( ゚д゚)

( ゚д)

What a pain in the ass.

This thought frequented Aoi's mind quite often. Especially right this very moment, standing in front of the residence she once called home not that long ago. Her reason for being back here was to simply pick up a clean uniform for school.

But that in itself seemed like an arduous task. Although she specifically chose to come before school, though it all came to nothing because they were home.

This caused her facial muscles to have a huge out of order sign in use. Almost as if she had a switch that flipped on every time she was here. She rummaged around looking for the spare key under the mat. Not much to her surprise, it was gone.

"I'm home." She sarcastically whispered.

A couple of knocks are heard on the heavy door. A single minute passed by until there was any sign of the door clicking open. Her mother's fiancé stood at the entrance. The man was tall, he loomed over her with ease. His presence would easily be intimidating if Aoi's father wasn't Endeavor. That meaning she found her father that much more daunting.

"Oh, you're back? Your mom's in the dinning room having breakfast. Care to join us?"

He signaled for her to step inside. She couldn't tell if he was being courteous, or if she was plainly being made fun of.

"I only came to pick up a uniform for school. I'll be back later for some more clothes."

Aoi calmly walked passed him, noticing the house smelled of sweet syrup and butter.

Pancakes, how nice.

She turned to the hallway and into her room quickly locking the door behind her. Her mother let out a yell from the dinning room, questioning who was at the door.

The man walked over to her in response, telling her about Aoi's sudden appearance. All the meanwhile Aoi sloppily put on her uniform. She failed to find her red necktie and looking for it would take up too much of her time. She picked up her bag and headed out closing the bedroom door behind her.

She was easily gone as soon as she arrived. Airi stood on the porch as she watched her daughter walk off to school. Her fiancé walked her back inside to escape the morning's chill. Not a single word exchanged between the two.

Aoi looked back to see them gone, her mother hasn't changed a bit. No one can break out of old habits by merely stating so.

It's not like that mattered right now as she had other things to worry over. Those things being her end of the semester exams. What a busy week this was going to be.

Three days of grueling brain usage, the written exam had them sitting on chairs for hours. This usually made their ass inadvertently fall asleep. But all the more it made them look forward to the practical portion of the exam.