first job

ʕʔ

With the day just starting Aoi's room was beginning to illuminate. A small light emanated from an opening coming from the dark curtains. Having been awake for a while has given her the opportunity to witness the sun rise. Which made her think about several things with the ongoing and looming silence in her house.

It's been two days since the incident at the USJ. The public's feedback has been nothing but negative. Entirely blaming the heroes for not being able to ensure their students safety. Aoi missed school yesterday, it wasn't entirely voluntary. The school decided to temporarily close with everything that had occurred.

Well having said that after getting back from school the day of the break in, a nice long bath and her body gave out. An entire night and day to be more specific. So the schools suspension wasn't all that taken for granted.

Now being the next morning her bedside clock read six. The floorboards creaked as she paced back and forth from her room to the bathroom, it's a school day so she was getting ready. There was a full body sized mirror that hanged in her room.

It showcased her bruises, purple and blueish colorations stretched from her upper abdomen to her mid back. Aoi prods at it, the pain was very much still there but not as bad as before. Apparently a full days worth of sleep wasn't of much help. Her face looked tired and her body still ached.

The bruise on her eyelid was still visible, the prominent swelling from before had gone down a bit. Aoi touches her cheek and lip.

'The bruise she gave me is almost gone, but the cut on my lip still hurts.'

She peers behind to look at the time. Deciding it was time to go Aoi audibly makes her way to the front door.

Her mother's sudden voice stops her momentarily.

"Jeez...it looks like a car hit you. So the incident at the USJ really took a toll on you huh? At least wear some blush to look more alive. Concealer works wonders too you know! Especially for that ugly bruise on your eye."

Aoi scoffed at her mother's remark, she wasn't having it today. If it were any other day she'd disregard it. But even if it was pushed aside the stinging in her chest would still be present.

Her reaction must be due to the accumulation of life events that have been slowly piling up, one after the other. A ticking time bomb has been formed and at some point it's bound to explode.

"Well wouldn't you be full of glee if I somehow died in that accident?"

The question was rhetorical so the woman didn't answer. Her expression remained the same, no movement in her facial muscles whatsoever.

"Sorry to disappoint, I'm still alive so you're going to have to deal with my presence a little longer. I'm going to be late, have a wonderful day."

The door closed behind Aoi as she made her way to school. The woman watched as her daughter left the residence. Silence once more enveloped the cold household.

"Stupid girl."

-

Aoi's walk to school was as silent as it was expected to be and the school gates were as big as always. Students poured in as their day was about to begin. She tugs at her backpacks strap as she heads inside. The enormous classroom door was open, the lively chatter could be heard inside.