depending on others

( T-T)(^-^ )

Life is like an endless maze. A single wrong turn can lead you down a path of self destruction. That doesn't entirely mean there isn't a way out of it. As you walk further down that same road, you'll notice the small routes that branch off of it. Finding them isn't always an easy feat, it takes time to navigate through them.

Some receive the help they need, others manage on their own. Sometimes it's harder for those who have a problem with patience. Aoi is surprisingly impatient.

It had turned dark out, she wondered where she'd stay. A park bench seemed nice enough for now. The only problem with that were the police cars that patrolled around the area at night. The curfew was strict for minors, she wouldn't risk getting a bad record. Sure her life felt like it was slowly falling apart, but she still had a clear goal in mind.

It wasn't all that bad, was it?

Although that didn't entirely mean she had a place to stay. There was a hammock in her backyard  it seemed like a reasonable option? For now kicking small pebbles on the ground was all she managed to accomplish. Her mind still coming up empty with solutions, todays events replaying vividly in her head. She wasn't even sure of the time.

It's 7:00 p.m.

"That's new?"

A familiar voice questioned. A small pebble skidded across the concrete, she turns around. It was her renowned telepathic buddy. Her eyes glance over to his hand, a small white bag hanged from it.

"A late night convenience store trip?"

Her voice sounded soft and distant. The always lethargic looking boy nodded.

"What about you? Run away from home?" Shinso said in a half joking manner.

The silver case she carried reflected the surrounding streetlights. She was supposed to be in an internship- she obviously was not. Her school bag and case with her in tow, almost well past curfew. This is what prompted Shinso's seemingly half-assed question.

"Something like that actually." She managed to awkwardly chuckle.

It turned quiet and Shinso didn't give her much of a reaction. Instead opting to reach for something in his small grocery bag. He puts a cherry flavored ice pop in her hand. The treat left a cold impression on her palm.

They sat on a nearby bench eating their sweet treats. It was comfortably quiet, the only noise being the cicadas who were making their appearance noisily clear.

"You want to talk about it? Or is this something you're not ready to share?"

Shinso's question was placid, filled with an odd amount of peacefulness. It stirred uncertainty within her antagonizing brain. A part of her wanted to blurt everything out. The other half was reluctant, scared it'd make her feel too vulnerable in front of someone.

"My home life is a bit... dysfunctional." She admitted.

"I kind of figured." Shinso laughed.

His easygoing attitude calmed her, usually she'd be a self-deprecating mess. It had to do with the fact that this time she wasn't alone, moreover she was just over it. Thinking too much always results in a throbbing headache anyways.

"I was asked to move into a home I refuse to set foot in. This prompted an argument with both parents, I ended up just walking out."

"..I obviously didn't think it through. Which was very smart of me." She sarcastically added.