Stem Cells and New Guys

Hi guys! Thank you for your interest in this book and for any #rrs, thank you so much for showing this book love🥺❤️❤️❤️. I just wanted to share the exciting news that AKFM is now available on Amazon (Kindle and paperback) so for a while I'll be taking down most of the chapters. I would really appreciate your support.

Here's the link https://a.co/d/3amsZ3y

***

The nine changes to a ten on my screen; the seven still stuck in place. 7:10 in the morning and like every day of the week, I'm sitting on our front porch waiting for Lilly to come out.

We're late- okay maybe not really late, school doesn't start until 7:30 and it's like a 10 minute drive from here. Still, on my watch, we're late. I like getting the fattest worm.

Arriving early at school gives me enough time to see my friends and prepare for the day ahead.

I try to wake Lilly up every morning after showering but sometimes it's just hopeless. Today, she didn't get up until I was eating breakfast.

Her usual 5 minutes shower, a last minute outfit choice and an apple later, she makes her way out of the door, stumbling and nearly tripping on the untied laces of her brown combat boots.

"Let's go! Let's go, May!" She shouts while unlocking the door to her blue Chevrolet parked in the driveway.

I giggle and get up, follow her and settle comfortably into the passenger seat. She throws her handbag behind us in the back seats and I secure my green leather backpack on my lap. After buckling up, she starts the engine and drives out into the street.

Lilly's my cousin, one of my best friends and my roommate. She moved in with us three years ago after her mom passed.

She's going off to college in Australia in a few days and I'm enjoying spending every moment I can with her.

I turn to look at her. Her long blonde hair is tied up at the top of her head in a ponytail and her green eyes are focused on the road ahead.

We weren't really close growing up but in the last two years, she's become my sister.

I can't even begin to imagine what life is going to be like without her.

I know it's going to be terrible. For starters, I don't have a car and I barely drive, by that I mean I've crashed her car one too many times to be allowed behind the wheel. That means, I'll be taking the bus. I won't have a roommate anymore, which means cleaning my room will solely be my responsibility.

For a minute, I look out the window and sulk. My eyes scan the quiet neighbourhood as we drive past. I spot a few neighbours standing in their driveways, ready to head to work or school.

When the world around me quickly starts to bore me, I bring my focus back into the small car.

I look down at my lap and open my backpack to take out the novel I'm currently reading. It's a mystery book and I've been glued to it the whole week. The female lead's husband goes missing and after the police declare that he left on his own will, she sets out to find the truth.

"May," Lilly interrupts my reading. I look up at her. Her eyes are focused on the road and there's a serious look on her face.

"Please can you do something for me once I'm gone?"

I hum a response and she continues. I'm anxious to find out what she wants.

"Stop being so boring and live a little!" She exclaims with a laugh. Taking her eyes off the road for a few seconds to mock me by sticking her tongue out.