Black Roses and Netflix

I enter the parking lot of Lucy's and kill the car's engine. My eyes move to the diner in front of me and focus on the big sign on the roof of the small building. Right now it's a mass of plain metal but at night it glows with blue light bulbs that call the attention of teenagers around.

This is where we usually meet up on official business concerning The Man but sometimes my friends and I just come here for fun. They serve great cheeseburgers.

Another thing that mostly calls teenagers towards this diner is that Lucy doesn't mind selling alcohol to minors.

I tap my phone nervously on the steering wheel, thinking about what's about to happen.

Me: Can we meet up? Lucy's, in 30 mins.

I sent that when I was already on my way here. About a minute later I got a reply,

Her: Sure bad boy;)

Now I'm sitting here in my car, one of the few ones in the parking lot. On weekdays during the day, this place doesn't get a lot of customers. It's usually packed from the evening until late at night. On weekends is when it really makes money.

I'm nervously waiting for her to arrive, trying my best to keep myself calm. The first rule of this business is to never show any weakness or fear.

I turn to look out my window when a black BMW makes its way into the parking lot. It parks opposite to mine, on the other side of the parking lot and I immediately recognise it.

Two men, dressed in plain black suits exit the car, one from the passenger seat and another from the back. They stand erect outside the car, not even moving. It doesn't even look like they're breathing.

The chauffer, also dressed in an elegant black suit, exits the car next. He opens the back door and a pair of black heels and long tanned legs appear.

She gets out the car and walks the short distance to the back of it.

She's wearing a short leather skirt and a cropped long sleeved top along with her heels. All black. It's all she ever wears; it's her signature colour.

She's a black rose.

"Mason Wilder," She says with a smile, revealing white teeth in between red lips.

"Princess," I give her a curt nod and walk towards her.

She pushes her long raven hair over her shoulder and chuckles.

"Oh, Mason, you know you can call me Mary."

I'm now about four feet away from her.

"I'd rather not." I reply, clearing my throat.

"Oh, that's too bad."

She pouts and walks closer to me, closing the distance between us. Her hands rest on my chest and she brings her lips close to my ear. "I remember you saying otherwise a month ago."

She lowers her voice to a whisper, a seductive whisper.

I take a step back and clear my throat.

"I'm here to talk business." I try to keep up my composure.

"Oh, Mason, Mason." She turns around and walks back to her car. She leans against it and looks back at me with questioning eyes. "Well, what's up?"

"I'm sure you know what happened with your father and I." I wait for her reaction or reply before continuing.

"Daddy says you played him." She replies with a shrug.

"That's not what happened-"

"I don't really care about the details, M." She interjects and I can sense her irritation. "Why am I here?"