"Hasta luego."

Maya's POV

I walk out of the bathroom, clean and wearing a bathrobe. I feel better. Ophelia bandaged my wound and gave me pills for the headache. While my head doesn't feel like I was hit my truck anymore, I am still exhausted.

Ophelia gave me breakfast, which I refused to eat until she did. She had to eat a piece of everything on the plate and I waited at least ten minutes before I could also eat it. As for the juice, I didn't even touch it.

She is still sitting on the bed. Doesn't she have to go check on Mary or something?

"Are you feeling better?" She asks and I nod without bothering to look at her.

She looks down at the clothes in my hands.

"I brought you fresh clothes." She points at the couch next to the window.

My eyes follow her fingers and I notice the pile of clothes. I shake my head.

"Maya, there's nothing wrong with wearing the clothes. Mary doesn't wear them anymore so she won't mind."

They're Mary's? I shake my head again. There's no way I'm wearing them.

"You can't wear those, they are dirty."

"At least they're mine." I snap. "Also, if your boss hadn't kidnapped me I would have my own clothes to change into."

She looks down and fiddles with her hands. She's been nothing but nice to me and I feel a bit guilty treating her differently.

Nice or not, you're still kidnapped.

"Maya," she gets up and now stands a good foot taller than me, "please just put the clothes on."

She walks over to me and snatches the clothes from me. Her eyes seem to apologise before she closes them.

"I'll stay in this robe." I cross my arms.

She arcs an eyebrow and smiles before dumping my clothes into a basket. She picks it up and balances it on her hip.

"I'll take these to Violet and hopefully you'll be dressed when I get back." She opens the door and walks out.

I groan and sit down on the bed. I run my hands through my damp hair.

When she comes back, I need to ask about Mason.

I look up at the clothes and sigh. Who am I kidding? I can't stay in this robe forever. If by some miracle I am able to escape, how will I even run in this?

I get up and grab the clothes. My face wrinkles as I lift them up.

A black t-shirt and ripped jeans of the same colour. Yup, these are definitely Mary's.

I put on the jeans first. The material piles at my feet since I'm shorter. I take off the robe and put on the t-shirt. My frown deepens as I look in the mirror.

The door opens and I turn around to see Ophelia.

"Lovely," she smiles, "you're all dressed."

"How long does he intend to keep me here? Where have they taken Mason? What does he even plan to do with us? Is Mason safe? Is he okay?" I take a step closer to her with each question.

She opens her mouth but no words come out. She looks down at her black pumps and fiddles with her fingers.

"I'm...I...I'm sorry. I don't know."

"You have to know. I'm sure you've seen Mason. You have to have seen him." I look her in the eyes and she shakes head.

"Maya," she sits on the bed, "my job is to take care of Mary. This time, Mr. Coleman asked me to also take care of you. I'm just doing my job and it doesn't involve Mason. What I do know is that Mr. Coleman considers that boy a son and I'm sure he's taking care of him."