"We're here."

This chapter is dedicated to @enchantress10. Thank you for reading and commenting❤☺. Your comments helped me keep writing when I thought the book wasn't good enough.

***

"What? Maya, no." My mom shakes her head.

This is going to be harder than I thought.

"Aunt, she's finally acting like a teenager. Please don't take this moment away from me." Lilly begs.

I turn my head to look at my laptop screen and find Lilly pouting. I'm sitting opposite my parents on the dining room table, with my laptop facing them.

"Lilly, sweetheart, no. Maya has never done these things before. This isn't a school trip. Who'll take care of them?"

"Aunt," Lilly clears her throat, "Maya, She-"

She pauses before continuing.

"Okay, Maya and Bianca are very responsible. They won't do anything stupid. Aunt they're not even going to do stupid stuff like parties, they just want to spend time together as friends."

"That's okay." My dad comments. "That boy doesn't have to go with them."

"That boy" is Mason.

"Dad, he has the car and we'll be staying in his cousin's house." I explain.

"We don't even know this cousin of his." Dad raises an eyebrow. "We barely know the Wilders."

"Lex, his mother is a lovely person. Mason seems like he's a good boy." My mom says.

"Seems like." Dad shakes his head.

"How long will you be gone for?" Mom turns to me.

"A week at most." I smile sheepishly.

"A week?" Dad's eyes widen. "Sweetheart, that's too long. I'm sorry but we can't let you go."

"Lilly, help." I turn to my laptop screen.

"Uncle Lex, Aunt Alice, you let me go to many trips with my friends and nothing bad ever happened."

I turn to my parents and nod. If all fails, I'm playing the 'Do you love her more?' card.

"Yes but Lilly, you aren't like Maya." My dad explains.

Isn't like me?

"She could take care of herself." My mom explains, noting my confused frown. "Sweetie, you're so used to being indoors and sheltered in your little bubble."

"Which is why she needs to go out. She'll be going off to college soon and what's going to happen then?"

My parents exchange looks at Lilly's words. They don't reply and remain quiet for a few seconds.

"Sweetheart, we've got to go to work." My mom sighs and pushes her seat back before standing up.

"Yeah, goodbye, May." Dad also gets up.

They both give me a kiss on the cheek and wave goodbye to Lilly.

"What do you think of this?" I hear my dad ask as he opens the door and they exit.

"Good," I turn the laptop to face Lilly when I hear her voice, "they're considering it."

"Yeah..." I shrug, still unsure.

"I know them." Lilly rolls her eyes. "You know I convinced them to let me go out way more than I could count."

"Oh, I remember, I was the one left here all alone but Lilly you would only go out for one night."