"Little Miss Maya"

"She won't budge." Bianca turns to look at me.

"Shelly, is everything okay?"

"Yeah," Shelly looks up at me, "except that crazy cop here is bugging me."

She looks at Bianca and shakes her head.

"I'm not crazy." Bianca defends.

"I told you the truth yet you're still interrogating me." Shelly whines and throws her hands in the air.

"I don't believe you, Shelly Swan." Bianca smiles at Shelly.

"Well, what about Maya?" Shelly turns to me with a grin on her face. "What's up with her and Mason?"

Shelly lightly moves her fingertips across my bare arm and I jerk my hand away and laugh.

"There's nothing there." I say and cross my arms.

"Actually," Bianca turns to me. She crosses one arm over her chest and rubs her chin with her hand, "I think Shelly's right."

"Yeah, what's up with you two?" Shelly grins widely at me.

"Nothing. Why would you even think that? I hate that guy." I reply with a frown.

"Why are those two walking towards us?" Bianca's eyes move to look behind me.

I turn around to see what she's looking at. Approaching us, in their cheerleading uniforms, are Hannah and Nancy.

Oh no.

"Maya!" Nancy sings my name in a rather annoying squeal.

"Hey." I manage a smile and fake enthusiasm.

"Uhm, can we steal her for a minute?" Hannah grabs my hand and turns to look at my friends.

"I'd rather stay here." I quickly say and pull my hand from hers.

"Oh," her face falls but she quickly recovers her fake smile, "well have you done what I asked?"

I can almost see the confusion on Bianca and Shelly's faces.

"Uhm...I...uhm... I haven't been able to."

"Sweetie," Hannah's jaw slightly tightens. There goes the sweet act she was putting on. "It's in your best interest to help me."

"Yeah," Nancy adds, "you wouldn't want things to get ugly for you."

Ugly for me?

"Excuse you." Shelly says and walks closer to the two cheerleaders. "What makes you think you can just talk to our friend like that?"

"Shel," Hannah turns to Shelly with a smile, "you know I like you. Don't get yourself involved in this."

"Firstly, don't call me that and secondly, Maya's my friend, whatever involves her, involves me."

"May, what is she even talking about?" Bianca asks from behind me.

"I asked Little Miss Maya here to help me with something that is none of your concern." Hannah glares at Bianca.

"If you can't help us, just say so." Nancy crosses her arms and eyes me up and down.

"I...uhm..."

I have no intention of doing anything for these people. Besides, I don't have that influence over Mason.

"I'll take that as a no." Hannah says, a bit vexed.

"Hannah, we should've known she couldn't help us. Mason's probably not even her friend. I'm sure poor thing was forced to be nice to her." Nancy says and frowns as she looks at me.