"Mom makes the best."

I put on a yellow cardigan over my blue floral dress and rush out of the room. None of my parents is home this morning, which I'm a bit grateful for. It's fifteen minutes before the time Mason usually picks me up but I'm already done and I just want to see him.

Halfway down the stairs, I look down at my feet and realise I'm still in my fluffy pink slippers. I turn around and run back to my room. I open the shoe department of my closet and grab my white flats.

After that, I check to make sure I have everything.

Okay, it's all here.

I run out of the room again.

Where's this energy during physical education?

Once I'm out of the house, I make sure to lock the door. I take a few deep breaths and begin walking across the street.

Last night when I called Max, he said he wasn't at the gym. He still had a delivery to make but he promised he would head straight there once he was done.

When I woke up, I started thinking about their deliveries.

What exactly do they deliver? What are they involved in? How illegal is this business they're involved in?

You'll have to ask him later on. Right now you just need to make sure he's well.

I knock on the door and a few seconds later it opens.

"Hey." Oliver says with a bored tone.

"Good morning." I greet with a smile.

"Maya!" Mrs. Wilder approaches us with her usual smile. "Come in."

She waves me in and Oliver steps out of the way. I step into the house and begin looking around.

"Mommy! Come help me." Angie's soft voice calls from the living room.

I follow the mom there. Angie, in a very cute pink tutu skirt, is trying to pack her backpack.

"Mama I can't-" she stops talking and smiles when she looks up and sees me. "Maya!"

She runs over to me and I catch her in my arms and balance her on my hip.

"Good morning, sweetie."

"Good morning, Maya. Oh, you're late, we just had pancakes. Mama, do we still have pancakes?" She pouts and looks at her mom.

"I think we still have some, my baby." She gives us a smile.

"Yay!" Angie turns to me with a wide grin. "Mama makes the best pancakes."

"Come now, Angelique, we have to finish getting ready." Mrs. Wilder takes Angie from me and puts her on the couch.

"Uhm...Mrs. Wilder," she looks up at me, "where's Mason."

"He's upstairs. Perhaps you can get him to tell us what exactly he got up to last night." She says and turns back to packing Angie's bag.

"Uh, thank you." I awkwardly say before going up the stairs.

I get to Mason's door and softly knock on it.

"Come in." His familiar voice answers from the other side of the door.

I turn the doorknob and the door opens. I gasp and stop in my tracks.

"You look horrible!" I exclaim, staring at Mason.

"Thanks." He smirks but quickly scowls from the pain.

He's sitting on his bed but he stands up when I walk into the room.