14

Eddie pulled away from Richie instantly, glaring at Mike, as well as the rest of their friends who stood behind him.

"What the fuck happened to knocking?" he snapped as everyone walked into the small room and sat on the floor, shutting the door behind them.

"Don't be embarrassed, Eds. At least we weren't fu-"

"Beep fucking beep, Richie!" Eddie exclaimed, covering Richie's mouth with his hand. He felt Richie lick his palm and pulled his hand away in disgust.

"Richie!"

"Sorry, Eddie Spaghetti," Richie said with a wink.

"Not my name."

"S-so, we're ac-actually here t-to discuss what th-the Hive is," Bill said, changing the subject.

Everyone nodded in agreement, though Richie looked annoyed that he had to stop teasing Eddie, but was pleased that he would finally understand who he was working for.

"The Hive was founded years ago. It's not a gang, but it is an illegal organization. We take part in deals and missions in order to protect other people. No one really knows we exist, except for our allies and unfortunately some of our enemies," Mike explained.

"Wait so what's the point then?" Richie asked. It sounded like a standard group to him.

"There's things in this world that are dangerous. We find out what they are and put a stop to them before the government gets to them. If someone else got to it before we did, then it would be seen worldwide and terrify people. We hide that from the world to protect them, and we stop other groups that want to hurt innocent people. We work for the greater good of the world, even if we have to do some bad to get there. We do all of the stuff a government group does, but we also take part in drug deals and steal shit."

Richie seemed to be catching on. "How do you get all of your resources and machines then? Like, you can't just steal a lie machine. Those things are huge!"

Ben smiled. "Yeah they are. That's why we steal different parts from different places and Bill and I construct it here. That lie machine is a rebuilt creation designed by Bill and myself, and it's eighty percent more accurate than government ones," he said proudly.

"No one signs up for this life, Richie. That's why people have been annoyed that people like you and I are here," Bev said. "We aren't born into it, and it's supposed to be blood only. That's why assholes like Bowers go after us, and why the superiors were skeptical about you joining. It's not safe, you need to be smart and quick, and you need to know exactly what to do at all times."

Eddie nodded in agreement. "You can't go back to the life you had."

Richie nodded, letting the information sink in. They all sat in silence, waiting for Richie to ask them any questions, all of them being confused that he seemed completely fine with everything that had been going on.

"Richie? You get all of that?" Stan asked, almost concerned for how okay Richie seemed.

"Yeah, I'm good. So you're not a gang but you're not legally doing anything, and we steal shit and protect people, right?"

"Basically."

"Could've just said that, Staniel. Would've made it a lot easier for my brain to comprehend," Richie said with a smile.

"Whatever, Richie," Stan said, standing up and walking toward the door. "Is this meeting over?"

A chorus of "yes" sounded through the room as they all stood to leave. Beverly noticed that Eddie grabbed Richie's arm to keep him from leaving right away, and winked at him before following Ben out of the room.

Once everyone had left, Eddie sat awkwardly next to Richie on his bed. He didn't really think when he stopped Richie from leaving, so he wasn't really sure what to say.

"You don't suck at kissing, Eds," Richie said as Eddie struggled for something to say.

"You thought I'd suck?" Eddie asked, sounding hurt.

"You're obviously a kissing virgin, Spaghetti Man. I'm pleasantly surprised."

Eddie rolled his eyes and laid down in his bed. Richie didn't move, confused as to whether he should leave or not.

"Are you going to sit there awkwardly all night or are you going to lay down?" Eddie asked in a sassy tone, before adopting a more panicked one. "You can leave too, I mean. I'm not forcing you to do anything, I mean, I-"

Richie cut him off, laying down next to him. "You're too cute, Eds. Cute cute cute," he said, wrapping his arms around Eddie's waist and pulling him to his chest.

"Are you not scared at all of any of this?" Eddie whispered.

"I should be, but as long as you're with me Eds, I think I'll be okay."