21

As soon as they saw the man standing in front of them, Eddie pulled Richie's arm so he was standing behind him. The man was holding a small pistol and began to walk toward the group.

"I'm happy I've finally found you," he said in a deep voice.

The voice made Eddie's run blood cold, and looking to the others, they felt the same. It was the same man he met in the bar, the same one who tried to get him to follow.

"Who the hell are you?" Eddie called out, gripping Richie's hand tightly from behind him.

"Told you before, kid. It's none of your concern," he responded, walking even closer.

"W-why are you f-following us?" Bill asked, holding tightly onto Stan, not caring who saw them. It was their first time not having back up or being armed and getting caught in the open.

"I need him," the man said, pointing at Eddie. "He's smart and would be rather useful for my group. We've been after someone from your Hive for a while, and Mr. Kaspbrack, you fit all of the requirements."

Eddie was shocked. There was no way they should know anything about who he is. His name, the Hive, or how smart he is. The shock stunned Eddie to silence, his eyes wide and gaping at the man.

"You're not going to fucking touch him," Richie growled, trading spots with Eddie so he was standing in front of the man, who stood around five feet from them.

"I'm not asking, Mr. Tozier. New member, yes?"

"How the fuck-"

The man cut him off. "I'm only going to give you the choice once, Mr. Kaspbrack. Turn yourself over, or I'll kill your friends, starting with your boyfriend."

Eddie immediately moved to stand in front of Richie, who tried to fight back but was stopped by Eddie's surprising strength. He walked toward the man, but stopped three feet away from him. "Lower your gun and I'll turn myself over," he said in a low voice.

"How about you turn yourself over, or I shoot your friends? I'm not negotiating here," the man said with a sinister smile.

Eddie let out a shaky breath, taking one look at his friends before stepping forward. As soon as he stepped forward, he heard a yell and gunshots, but none of them came from the man.

"Get down!" someone called, and Eddie dove toward his friends, covering Richie's head with his arms.

"Eddie! Get over here, now!" Eddie heard someone yell. He looked up to see his father waving his arms. Eddie immediately pulled Richie up from the ground, and tried to get his other friends to get up and follow.

As they got close to Frank, Richie glanced back to see their attacker aiming his gun at Eddie.
"Eddie!" he yelled, pushing Eddie out of the path of the bullet. He tried to move himself, but not before he let out a cry and fell to the ground.

Eddie turned his head and saw Richie grabbing his side, blood covering his hand. "Richie!" Eddie yelled, falling beside him and pulling off his coat to try to stop the bleeding. "Richie! You fucking dumbass, why would you do that?!" he cried, his voice breaking and tears in his eyes.

"I couldn't let you get shot. I'm used to pain, Eds. Don't worry," Richie said with a laugh, but winced in pain at the same time.

"I can't lift you. Richie, you gotta stand. Please, love. Come on, get up, you're not allowed to die on me!"

Richie tried to stand, but couldn't. He glanced around him, and the forest seemed to sway. He saw Eddie's tears, and then saw Mike and Frank running towards them. He tried to stand again but couldn't; the pain seemed to be pulling him to the ground.

All he saw was Eddie's fear before he blacked out.

(a/n updates may be slow over the next few weeks because I'm going on a three week trip. Sorry about the cliffhanger)