57

I feel like you all are gonna hate me for this :) love you children and enjoy!!!!

Once the hallway was cleared, Richie led Eddie to where he assumed the launch pad for the bomb was: in one of the back rooms neither of them had ever entered. They jogged down the hall, each with a gun in hand, listening for any sign of an enemy.

"Kaspbrack!" a voice hissed from around the corner.

Eddie sighed in relief, turning it to find Henry, Butch, and El all crouched with their weapons.

"We sent your friends back to the surface after we saw the others leave. That's what you planned, right?" Butch asked, handing Eddie more ammo.

"Yeah," Eddie said, standing across from the other team. "What's the plan?"

"Tozier helps us find where the destinations are and re-enters them, then we sprint out of here before the missile hits," Henry said, tossing Eddie the notebook with the Hive locations.

"Wait, what?" Richie asked, looking between the two. Eddie looked confused as well.

"We can't let any locations survive. If we enter this location and launch, then we'll have about four minutes to escape. Because they're splitting, they shouldn't reach the town. All we gotta do is get there in time." Henry spoke as if he had done it a hundred times, sounding almost bored.

Eddie wasn't surprised when Richie clutched his hand tighter. They had just found each other and now they'd have to risk their lives again, just so innocent lives could be saved. They knew there was no way they wouldn't try, but it was still a heavy situation.

"Eddie, El, and I will stay out here to protect you two while you change the destination," Butch said, helping El stand up.

"We're splitting up?" Richie asked in disbelief, not willing to leave Eddie behind again.

"We have to, Tozier. If not, there's no protection," Henry said. For the first time, Eddie could see that Henry felt bad about their predicament, but couldn't stop what was going to happen.

"It's okay, Rich. We're going to get out of here, remember?" Eddie said with a small smile.

Reluctantly, Richie nodded and followed Henry into the room that controlled the bomb.

•••

"Never thought I'd be in the same room as you unless we were fighting," Richie said after Henry had single handedly killed every single person in the room working on the launch sequence.

Unfortunately Dr. Brenner was nowhere to be seen, along with Zack or Donald. That pissed Richie off but there wasn't much he could do except make shitty jokes and watch Bowers roll his eyes in annoyance.

"Do you ever shut up? We're trying to deal with a bomb and you're making jokes?" Henry hissed, eyes glinting with anger.

"It lightens the mood."

"You're so fucking annoying."

"You're a prick. Trust me, it wasn't my choice to spend quality time with you, Bowers. Not after you kidnapped my boyfriend and tortured me."

Henry laughed, shaking his head as he approached a computer and told Richie to hack his way in. "Yeah, so what if I kidnapped him? Look what I took him away from. You should be thanking me."

"Oh, my bad," Richie snarled with an eye roll as he began to unlock the computer to the destinations while Henry guarded the door. "I'm so honored that you kidnapped my boyfriend and that one of your friends tried to rape him, and I can't believe I had the pleasure of being tortured by your handmade poisonous serums." Richie gave a mocking bow to Henry, who had murder in his eyes.