Chapter 15

Hiyaa! So soorry for not updating! Been pretty busy these past few weeks! >.<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 15

“The weather for today would be partly cloudy with a bit of sunshine coming through. Just get your umbrellas ready for an expected drizzle in the afternoon!”

“And that is the weather forecast for today.” I imitate the voice of the DJ of my favorite radio station. I’ve just noticed that these past few days that the weather has been very, unpredictable. That’s how life is, isn’t it? You’ll never really know if there is a tomorrow.

It’s already been like three days since I last went to the beach, but to me it felt like weeks, even months. Now, I’m just stuck at home, in my room, feeling very low and somewhat depressed.

“Honey, come on! Let’s take you to the mall! You need new clothes to cheer you up!” my mom shouted from downstairs.

“Yeah, sure!” I shouted back. I’m not really in the mood right now, but since I have nothing to do, might as well go. I’m not really into shopping by the way; I don’t see the point it taking hours to find the perfect clothes and whatnot. I just need to find what I need, pay the cashier, then go.  Simple as that. I do feel like going on a food spree today...

“I’ll give you a minute! Be in the car by then!” Uh. Why does she have to be so punctual?

I decided to wear my denim shorts and a loose white shirt, with black stripes on it. I then do my favorite hair do, the messy bun. I pull my hair up and clip my hair. I looked myself in the mirror, and decided that I looked decent enough to go out. I grabbed my phone and placed it in my pocket and headed downstairs.

I was about to get in the car when I remembered something. My earphones. They were with Alek. Dang, that boy.

“Wait Mom! I forgot something!” I didn’t wait for my mom to reply, just ran back into the house and went straight up to Alek’s room. And, let me tell you, it was surprisingly neat, for a guy. He wasn’t at home as usual, probably over at his friend’s house. I found my earphones on his desk near his computer, with a sigh of relief, I went back down and into the car.

Finally, seated at the passenger seat of the car, earphones plugged in and ready to hit the mall. Wow, did I just say that?

 ***

“Let’s go to Forever 21!” my mom said happily, like she was just a teenager.

“Moom! That’s been like the fifth shop we went to! And we even didn’t get to buy anything!” I complain to her.

“Aly, you have to learn to be patient. You never know how long it takes until you find the right one that suits you. It’s like when you find the perfect guy and—“

“Okay, okay! I get it! Let’s goo!” I push her into the store and take my mind off of her advice about finding the perfect guy and blah blah blah.

“Let’s split up the tasks. You go to the left side, I go to the right okay? If we find something nice, we find each other, okay?” my mom looks me straight in the eye as if this is a life or death situation. Oh my mother.

“Yes, ma’am!” I salute to her and headed of the left side, like she said. They were a lot, and I mean a lot, of clothes, all different kinds, varieties, sizes and colors. How on earth am I suppose to choose? I decided to bail out and hide somewhere in the side of the store, where there were seats.

I sat on them and scrolled through my phone. No messages, obviously. I sigh, feeling like there’s nothing to do but play Flow. I swear, this game is really addicting.

After minutes of playing, I feel like I’m being watched. I look up and see two girls looking at me, but then they look away and whisper to each other. I found it kind of weird. Maybe they think that I shouldn’t be here, seeing that I’m just wasting my time in this store just playing with my phone like a child. Oh well.

“Excuse me.” one of the girls approached me. She had tan skin and curly hair that were really bouncy. She had a fit figure like she was an athlete or a dancer or something.

“Yeah?” I decided to answer her. She seemed alright.

“Are you, um... Aly?” the other girl asked me. She had wavy hair and her face was sort of shaped like a heart. She had a sincere smile on her face.

I just looked at both of them stunned. How do they know me?

“Oh, I think we’ve mistaken you for someone else. Sorry.” The curly-haired one said.

“No, no. Yes, I’m Aly... How do you know me?” I asked slowly but surely.

They both look and grin at each other then back to me, looking very cheeky.

“Hi! I’m Danielle!” the curly-haired one said.

“Hello! And I’m Eleanor!” the wavy-haired one said.

Danielle, Eleanor? Why do these names sound so familiar? I can’t quite put my finger on it though.

“I knew it was you!” Danielle said, pumping her fist up in the air.

“Excuse her. She’s a dancer and all. Well, it’s very nice to meet you. Do you mind if we all hang out and have a chat?” I don’t know why, but I soon found my arms wrapped between their arms and heading out of the shop.