Chapter 16

HELLOOO!! Long time huh? Beeen supeerly dupeerly busy with school! Anyways, almost Christmas break! :D Here's another chapteeer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 16

Of all coffee places they just had to go Starbucks. I had nothing against that; it’s just that, I’m not the one for flashy things and all. Looking around the shop made me feel calmer plus, the smell of brewing coffee filled through my body making me want to sit in a comfy seat and drink hot chocolate.

“Wait here.” Danielle said as they both settled me down in a table that were seated for four people. I just nodded; having no idea what to say to people I don’t even know well. Danielle headed over to the counter and before Eleanor followed, she gave me a cheerful smile. My reflex, I smiled back.

I was fiddling with my thumbs and biting the inside of my cheek, bad habit. I felt something vibrate in my right pocket, and checked my phone. I got 3 missed calls and 7 messages from my mom. Oh God. I forgot to tell her where I was and she’s probably having a panic attack right now. I punched in her number and waited for to pick up.

“C’mon, c’mon.” Finally the ringing stopped and someone answered the phone.

“Mom?! Mom! You okay? I totally forgot about—“

“This isn’t mom.” I was confused hearing the voice of a guy… Alek.

“Alek? Where’s mom?” I say still stunned and confused.

“Oh… About mom…” I can hear a smile playing on his face.

“Alek. Don’t mess with me right now.”

“She left you.”

“What do you mean she left me?”

“Exactly what it means little sis. Haven’t you read her messages?” he said it like it was the most obvious thing to do.

“No…”

“Well, she went with Axel to go to his basketball or soccer game, whatever it was.”

“Oh… What I’m I suppose to do then?”

“Use your brain little sis. Don’t call again, ‘cause mom left her phone here and I don’t want to answer the phone again.”

“But Alek—“

“Take care little sis!” Call ended. Just great.

“Your brother?” Danielle said finding a seat to my left and setting down on it, bringing with her two Frappucinos, while Eleanor was on my right.

“Yup.” I popped the p.

“I know a sibling fight when I see one, although in this case, hear one.” She smiled to herself.

“So… What you guys doing here in Manchester?”

“Just stopping by, shopping, all that stuff.” Danielle said, taking a sip from her drink and so do I.

“I find that hard to believe.” I say raising my eyebrow.

“The boys are all over at Harry’s and we decided to go grocery shopping, or so we thought.” Eleanor said.

Harry? The boys? Harry? And I thought I was never going to see them again. Wait, what makes it think I am?  My emotions are going all over the place.

“Aly, breathe.” I find myself being taught on the basics of breathing in and out.

“I’m fine. I’m fine. So I’m not sure that’s why you dragged me all the way here?”

“Well, we, I mean Danielle got this idea, but it’s mad.”

“We think you should go with us to Cheshire!” she blurted out. I just sit there, blank.

“I’m sorry, what was that?”

“You.  Should go with us. To Cheshire. And see Harry.” Danielle said in a way that I would get what she was saying.

I just stare at both of them and start laughing.

“You want me to go with both of you?” Now it was their turn to be confused.

“No, no, no, no. I think you know what happened the last time Harry and I saw each other? Yeah, um, I don’t think that’s a great idea. Oh, look at the time! I think I hear my mom calling me.” I started to get out of my chair but then Danielle stood up.

“Wait! One, yes we do know what happened last time and we were thinking you two should patch it up! Second, you’re not wearing a watch! And third, you’re mom isn’t here!”

“Yeah but— Hey, how do you know that my mom isn’t—“

“Not the point! So will you go?”

“I. I… I’m…” I look to Eleanor for some help but then find myself looking at her pleading eyes. Damn it.

“I’ll see if I can… No promises.”

“Better than nothing.” Danielle smirked while Eleanor clapped her hands.

“Dan? El? We’ve been looking all over for you!”

I froze from where I sat, hearing that voice somewhere far behind me, at the entrance door.

“Have you heard of cell phones? Anyways, your timing’s perfect!” Eleanor said happily.

Perfect timing? How would I know? I haven’t got a watch.