Chapter 5

Me and Adam we're having a lazy Sunday in. There was something so freeing just laying naked in bed, post-sex, smoking. So modern of us. I traced the contours of his muscles.

"Did you ever call back your parents", he asked?

I had his bowl and inhaled, "Yeah, they, Uh", exhale, "wanted me to watch over the place. They're going to India."

"We should go to India!"

I laughed as sarcastically as I could, "take me to DR first."

I wrapped my leg around his waist, "You should stay over with me."

He put the bowl down to pay attention to me, "maybe I should."

I smiled and he kissed my neck.

"Are you coming to Angela's party?"

"The Halloween one? I uh, I shouldn't", he said quietly. I raised an eyebrow. "A lot of my coworkers are going and I don't want them to find out about us."

I kissed his nose, "fair enough."

"Speaking of, Cillian has been very to himself lately. Do you know why?"

Well, it could be because Angela is cheating on him and he feels the neglect, or he probably found out completely.

"Nope."

_________________________________

I was dressed at Morticia Adams. A poor choice considering there is usually someone as Gomez by my side. Mott Street was dark by 5:30. All the businesses put out their gimmicky decorations. Angela lived on Nolita side of Mott Street, not the Chinatown side. Her mom protested her moving there because she didn't want her living with "orientals." Yup. In return her mom got her a bigger place with a higher rent to live next to Italians. I heard music blasting from her place on the street. People were in and out of her place. Pretty packed for a weeknight party.

I saw Angela amongst the other faces, dressed as Catwoman sans the mask. She spotted me as well.

"Hey!" She hugged me.

"Where's Adam?"

"He has a family thing." Lies. Didn't feel like explaining exactly why he couldn't come. It's such a simple and convincing reason but Angela being the nice sociable bitch she is would make me call Adam and drag him out to Nolita so I can have someone to cling to for the night.

"Gotcha."

"Where's Cillian", I asked.

She pointed to a secluded corner where a blank-faced Cillian dressed as Batman laid against the wall. He took sips of his drink.

"What's up with him?" I was kind of concerned.

"Don't mind him. He's in a mood."

Angela immediately saw something else and went to greet him. Have you ever felt alone in a room of people? It's a scary feeling. I looked at Cillian who looked like wanted to be anywhere but here. He was the only I really knew. Can't hurt.

"Hey."

He only nodded at me to acknowledge I was there.

"Are you ok?"

He nodded slowly, "Yeah."

Alright.

"Are you sure? Angela said-."