Chapter 11

I was having a bad high. My head was hurting. That could have came from crying so much as well. I was done now. I was just curled up in my comforter with the space heater on. Going back and forth between the kitchen, munching on rice and chicken. It was very good. But I've been staring at the glow in the dark solar system stickers on my ceiling for quite some time now and I don't know what I'm waiting for.

I couldn't block out the image of him and her family having that all-American Christmas together. While I sit here alone, debating whether to take my mom's Ambien to kill time.

The doorbell rang. I wasn't expecting anyone. Did Joey leave something. I checked the peephole I saw the side of a brunette head who I assumed to be Angela.

I opened the door to her quickly snapping her head back in place.

"Hey", she said in the most concerned voice.

She let herself in and try guess who else followed her.

"You don't look good."

I let out a small laugh, "thanks."

They sat down on my couch eyeing all of the paraphernalia laid out in the coffee table.

"Does anyone want chicken", I said lighting a cigarette.

"Since when did you smoke cigarettes", she said pulling her shirt up to cover her face from the smell.

"When I ran out of pot."

"I'll get some chicken."

I went to the kitchen to make them some plates. I realized I was only wearing a Joy Division t-shirt and underwear. I had the darkest bags under my eyes which was weird considering I've just been sleeping.

I tried to burn through this god awful cigarette while I waited for the food to heat up. Why did she fucking come over. And why does he follow her like a lost puppy.

I heard footsteps behind me. I didn't bother to turn around. He's not worth my time. I felt the heat of his body. He locked his arms around my body from behind. He rested his head on my collarbone.

"Cil-"

"Shh."

He slowly kissed my neck. I took a deep breath in as he made his way down to my shoulder. He held my hands. I felt his dick get hard as he pressed himself even closer to my ass.

"Can I tell you something", I whispered.

"Mhm?" He made his way back up to my ears.

"I want to stab you in the neck."

"I'm sorry", he whispered back.

"And dump your body in the river."

I pushed him off and took the food out of the microwave. I debated putting my cigarette out on his hand but I decided that I was better than that.

I brought both plates out to the living room.

"Why are you here", I asked in a deadpan manner.

"Here", she passed me a gift bag.

"It's your Christmas present. I planned to give it once you got back, but I wasn't sure when that would be."

"Thanks."

She was obviously uncomfortable by my hostility.

"I had a gift for you but it's at the apartment."

She nodded and smiled. Something was up. This sudden trip here and the tension. There's always tension but she's always bold enough to address it immediately. They began to eat.

"Chickens really good."

"Thanks."

I eyed him. He was scared. Every time he looked at me, he saw me looking straight at him, and would quickly stuff his face.

"You're awfully quiet Cillian."

He looked up and shrugged his shoulders.

"So... bringing him to meet your parents. It's that serious Angela?"

Cillian started choking on his food. Angela glared at me and quickly turned to him and smiled. I don't think she's ever seen me be this bold.

"Yes, I'd say we're getting there."

She put her hand on top of Cillian and held it.

"What can I say we're in love", he kissed her hand.

I don't understand why he does the things he does. Why flaunt his relationship with her in front of me, then try and feel me up in private? What does he gain from this?

Angela finished her plate and cleared her throat.

"Why did Joey come here?"

"What?"

"Joey said he was coming to see you. Why?"

I shrugged.

"Don't lie to me, he was high as a kite when he came back."

"He sold me pot, we smoked", I looked to Cillian, "and we fucked."

"UGH."

I saw Cillian chuckle and lean back.

"I honestly don't know what's been up with you lately, but don't take it out on him."

"What", I laughed?

"Do you think selling pot is good for him? Why would you encourage that?" I saw a vein pop out on her forehead from frustration.

"He's a little white boy from a well to do family, trust me I'm not forcing him to sell drugs."

"LUCIA. Just stop!"

"I don't understand how I'm the bad guy here. I didn't even know he was trying to stop."

"And why have sex with him? You have a boyfriend."

Her voice was cracking from screaming. Is this bitch serious?

"Our relationship is over."

"Or do you just get off from being a slut?"

I lunged out of seat by he pulled me back before I could even touch her.

"Do you want to fucking go there? Are you seriously calling me a slut when you've been fucking a guy behind his back. You've gone through so many guys I can't keep up with you. So please. Tell me how I'm a slut for letting your dumbass brother hit."

"THATS ENOUGH", he screamed.

I glared at him. His eyebrows were more furrowed this face. He was actually angry this time. He grabbed her coat off the couch and pushed her forward.

"Let's go."