Chapter 14

"You guys are weird", Angela said while brushing her teeth.

Me and Cillian were practicing wrestling moves we watched on a match. The Rock vs Stone Cold. I wanted to be stronger than him. I was pretty sure I weighed more than him, but guys always have that abnormal strength despite being so skinny. He put me in a headlock and gave me a Stone Cold stunner which almost dislocated my neck. I groaned from my back hitting the floor. Angela came running out.

"Oh my gosh are you okay?", she said with a mouthful of toothpaste.

"Yes", I groaned.

"You need to stop you're going to hurt her", she said returning to the bathroom.

"Aye she can handle it", catching his breath.

"No she can't."

"Yes she can", he cleared his throat, "and that's the bottom line, because Stone Cold said so", he said in a raspy American accent.

We kept wrestling. If this was a few weeks ago, we would not be able to do this. It's an effort. Every time we pinned each other down we'd quickly have to get each other off to avoid some weird sexual tension forming in that position. Today we were supposed to be alone but Angela's plans cancelled last minute. I didn't mind though. It prevented wandering eyes from both of us.

These are all assumptions. Educated guesses is a better word. Although he told me liked me, I couldn't tell if he wanted me anymore. Not that I mind, but the dynamics are changing and I'm just trying to keep up.

They leave in a week. I debated for a while whether It was even worth being friends with him. All that mattered was Angela. I would have to go to Ireland for their wedding. Where I'd be her maid of honor. Id just need to keep good relations until then. I've also debated whether I should sleep with him. Fuck a friendship. Fuck the wedding. And just fuck him.

But I'm not in the mood for the drama.

It's crazy how I still do not have some profound philosophy on approaching them, but I'm winging it.

They already started packing up the apartment. Her decor was packed into boxes and most of her furniture was sent to storage soon. I never realized how big her apartment was. All that was left was a microwave, a tv on the floor and a full sized air mattress in the middle of the living room. I checked my watch. 9:21. I should leave soon.

I managed to get myself off the floor, knees cracking and everything. I dusted my butt off.

"Ok guys, I think I'm going to head out."

"No!" Angela said with a mouthful of listerine. She spat it out and come out from the bathroom.

"It's late just sleep over."

I looked down at her air mattress.

"Where?"

"We can share..."

I raised my eyebrow at the dumb suggestion.

"Oh come on. We've done it before on a twin bed."

"Yeah but now we got three. That's not comfortable."

"It's late out."

"I've gotten home later than this."

"This is going to be one of our last times together."

"I'll be back tomorrow", I pleaded.

"I have to go my parents tomorrow!"

I looked at Cillian.