xi

I was in the art room, staring at all the beautiful landscapes captured in a single frame. I say next to Mom, which I did often.

Earlier, I had a fight with Luther. Typical of him to think he's still a leader when we're all technically the same age, with the exception of Five.

His words still hurt me though.

"You weren't good enough then and you aren't good enough now!"

"You're defected. You should stay out of this."

"Don't bother, kid."

"You aren't an adult 8!"

Luther never called me by my name. He also never thought of me as an adult when technically I am.

"Mom?" I asked quietly. Mom looked at me with her winning smile.

"Yes dear?" She asked with her signature head tilt.

"Do you think I'm a burden to everyone?" I looked down at my feet. I heard Mom shuffling around until she lifted my face up with her hands and held it. She smiled at me.

"Y/N. My sweet child, you are not a burden. You are the only person in this household who helped me. You've done such marvelous things for people. Don't let what others say about you get you down. Their opinions don't matter. Do you know why?" She asked. I looked up to her in wonder. How could an A.I, that Dad made and programmed, say such sweet things?

"Why Mom?" I asked with happy tears beginning to brim at my eyes.

"Because they aren't you. Only what you think matters." She smiled and wiped the few tears that escaped my eyes. I stood up and hugged her. I felt her arms hold me tightly.

"Thank you so much Mom." I whispered.

"Anytime dear." She said quietly. I let go and said I wanted to go see Five. Mom let me go and told me to go quickly with a smile. Mom knew about my crush on Five. I allowed myself to like him because I saw my "siblings" as friends or teammates. Not family. Vanya, Pogo, and Mom I considered family because they helped me and loved me.

I knocked on Five's door. I heard him shuffling around until he swung the door open.

"What do you— Oh. It's you." He looked annoyed. But his tone made it sound disappointed that it was me.

"I'll just uhm... leave." I turned around and started walking to my room. However, I was stopped when Five spatial jumped in front of me.

"I'm sorry if I was rude. I'm just stressed. Let's go and watch Netflix, yeah?" He looked at me for an answer.

"It's okay. I'm down. Let's go." I grabbed his hand rushed to my room, since I had Netflix in my room. I got my secret stash of chocolate out and turned on my tv. I jumped onto my bed and swaddled myself in endless amounts of blankets.

Five laid down next to me while I scrolled through movies to watch.

"Five?" I asked quietly.

"Hm?" He replies back.

"Why were you so annoyed when I opened the door?" I sat up and hugged my knees. He looked at me and blushed.

"Because of what Luther said about you..." He grumbled. I almost didn't hear him.

"And? I wouldn't blame you if you thought the same." I shrugged. Five looked at me, bewildered at what I just said.

"You're joking, right? Y/N, you're not defected. You're not a burden to anyone either. You're strong, powerful, amazing, beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful, marvelous. I l—" Five cut himself off but we both knew what he was going to say next. I was already red from his compliments but he made me look like I rivaled tomatoes.

"F-Five?" I asked quietly. He was flustered and looked up at me.

"Yeah?" He whispered.

"I like you too." I said as I buried my face in my blanket. Five removed the blanket from my face.

"What about the movie silly?" He smiles at me. I grinned and put on Before I Wake, a thriller/ horror movie. Five groaned and made himself comfortable. I chuckles at his antics and kissed him on the cheek. He scrunched up his nose and blushed while smiling at me.

"You're amazing." He said before he kissed me. I forgot about the movie in the moment and focused on the person who made me feel special.

that felt underwhelming. i'm sorry lol