Found the beans ;)

9s
(Time Skip for keeping it interesting reasons)

Gavin's laughter quieted, and he took another sip from his beer. I had finished the bottle of thirium about half an hour ago, as did Gavin with his burger.

We were left laying in the grass, my feet dangling over the edge of a cliff. Gavin's new favorite spot, or so he claimed.

"Nines?" He asked, exhaling and looking over at me instead of up at the stars.

"Yes, Gav?"

His face flushed and he just looked away.
"Never mind... it was just a dumbass joke anyways."

His hand tightened on mine, and his scruffy hair tickled my neck.

"You and I both know that's a lie." I whispered, and squeezed his hand back.

Gavin's breathing hitched.
"Y... okay... you got me, Toaster."

His name calling wasn't as harsh anymore. If anything it was just playful. Almost endearing, actually. It kinda showed that no matter what happened, he was still himself. He was still that little bitch named Gavin.

I could feel his eyes on our hands, fingers interlocked. My synthetic skin was peeled back, revealing the white plastic I was made of.

"Do you ever wish you were human?" He asked.

I didn't even need time to think of a reply.
"No."

Gavin looked at me again, head resting on my shoulder still.

"Why not? You can... eat. Drink. F-"

"Feel?" I interrupted, voice a little louder than intended.

Gavin sighed.
"No..."

He started to laugh, and took another sip from his beer.
"I was gonna say phck actually."

System notification: core temperature increase

Gavin snorted and placed his head on my chest. He was slurring a little bit by now.

Silence took over, the only noise the trees swaying in the wind and the distant noise from the city.

Gavin sniffed and then quietly cleared his throat.
"Some music would be nice."

I looked over at the car, and turned on the radio. It was sill connected to his phone and playing that music that I loathed.

Gavin's eyes sunk closed and he sighed contently.

We listened to the car radio for a while, though it was quiet.

Gavin didn't break the silence, for the first time in... forever he was quiet. Though, he did take my hand and put it on his head.

I began to play with his hair, and let my breathing match with his.

"I can hear your thirium pump." He whispered.

A hum was all that escaped my lips. Eyes glued to the stars.

It wasn't anything interesting, but the constellations came to life under my gaze.

So... it was enough. this all was simply enough.

Gavin's leg locked with mine, and one of his arms wrapped around my waist.