W o r m hearts and W o r m blankets

Nines' POV

Gavin had moved back over to the bed and was laying next to me, telling me all about the different kinds of salad you could eat.

Pizza pocket salad, McNugget salad, fruit salad, noodle and broth salad... which I'm pretty sure is just soup. All of the different kinds of salads.

"Yo... what if- what if you made pasta-dogs. Like, take a hotdog and put uncooked pasta in the middle then boil them. Then slap it on the grill so the outside is kinda crisp." Gavin gasped, his head rolling to the side to look at me.

"That's... very interesting, Gav. I'm sure someone would eat it, even if it was just for a dare." I chuckled, meeting the human's gaze.

He smiled a little bit, then looked back up at the ceiling.
"The question is, would you put ketchup or marinara on it?"

"Both. Mixed. Maybe even some relis-"

"Ima stop you right there, buddy. Pickles? Amazing. Relish? Can suck my poopy ass." Gavin hissed.

"Please never say those words again." I whispered, sort of terrified of the human.

"One time I drank this Asian soup and pooped just straight cabbage. Yeah... that was a good cry." He sighed, putting his hands on his chest.

My LED went bright red.
"Why are you telling me this? I do not want to know about your... bathroom troubles, Gavin."

He shrugged.
"What else do you want me to talk about? Your pretty blue eye? Or... how your shirt hugs your tits...? Or... phck."

"Haha... good one Gav."

Gavin swallowed hard, the sound from him gulping audible.
"I'm serious."

"Oh... well, you know, I was designed for-"

"You look like Connor man, this is weird to say..." he mumbled, hiding his face with his arm as it was slung over his eyes.

"I thought you said we were nothing alike... the other day, with Tina. The break room. You know what I'm talking about." I whispered, not even bothering to look at the human.

"Uh.... y-yeah. I mean... I'm uh, I'm both right and wrong." Gavin mumbled again, then curled up onto his side, facing me.

He pressed his forehead to my arm.
"You do look really... stupid."

"Mmh... I know detective."

He was endearing...

Gavin sat up and looked at me, something about his eyes different. A sort of... emotion I can't decipher to them.

He leaned close, breath tickling my face. Such a raw expression...
"You... you do?"

I smiled at the human.
"Indeed, Gavin. I d-"

He kissed me. Then just pulled back a little bit, breath shaky for some unknown reason.

We looked into each other's eyes before kissing again, this time more desperate. Gavin straddled me. Hands roamed bodies and our lips were locked together.

"P-phck!" Gavin whispered, smiling against my lips as I placed my hand on his thigh.

He whimpered into my mouth, putting one hand on mine.
"Nines..."

"Yes, Gav?" I asked, a cocky smirk plastered to my face.

"I want you to phc-"

There was a knock on the door.

"Phckin'- who is it?!" Gavin yelled, looking over at the door with his face bright red.

"Uhhh... I got an order For Gay... Gayvin Weed?" This guy said from the other side of the hotel door, by the sound of his voice he was a scrawny teenager.

Gavin sighed, his head hanging down. Then got off of me, chanting 'pasta' under his breath as he walked to the door.

"Thanks kid. Say, isn't it a little late for you to be up?" Gavin asked, signing for the food.

"Nah, I'm running on uh... Australia time. So it's like... 6pm. Jetlag, man, Jetlag." The delivery man said, voice cracking.

"Uh... okay. Sorry fam, I don't have any cash for a tip." Gav apologized, grabbing the food.

"Oh..."

"Uh... night, kid." He said and closed the door, walking over to the desk and setting the bag down.
"One container of pasta. And one bottle of thirium."

I went to get up but Gavin just walked over and sat down on the end of the bed. So, I just laid on my stomach, head in my hands.

"Wonder what's on TV..." the human sighed, opening his pasta.

"I can tell you the channel lis-" I tried to say, but alas, I was interrupted again.

"Phck, these thins are so loud the whole continent can hear me trying to open some phcking Chinese!" He whisper yelled, throwing the plastic top of the container into the bed next to him.

My LED went yellow.
"That's... that's Italian, Gavin."

"Same difference, right?"

And now my LED went red.
"Uh... no?"

"Gimme them balls of m e a t!" He cheered, stuffing a whole meatball into his mouth.

Gavin made a choking noise and spit out half, back into his pasta.

"Ew..." I mumbled, opening the thirium and taking a sip.

"I couldn't handle the balls." He wheezed, in a coughing fit.

"That's What she said." Gavin added.

I was silent. Part of me too... intimidated? By the human to begin any conversations, not that he could either. The poor thing was choking on some balls. Meatballs.

"Oh, jizz on my my armpit hair! Invader zim is on!" He cheered.

Do what with your what?! And invader What is what?! I'm so confused by you humans sometimes...