Annoying ear patches to get rid of nausea suck ass change my mind

The title was written out of pure rage towards a medicated piece of plastic

Nines' POV

Gavin and I made a few more stops on our nightly road trip. Tina called and said we should come over for D&D or fanfic writing competitions sometime.

That gal is weird... not that it's bad, if anything it's super entertaining.

No wonder her and Gavin are gal pals.

"Anyways, I got a tiny scar on my tum and my belly button if you wanna see it!" Gavin spike up after we had been driving in silence for a few minutes.

"Um... I'm okay, Gav. You don't have to show me your scarred flesh." I chuckled, looking back out the window.

He huffed, deflating back into the drivers seat.

"Y'all still know I'm on the line, right?" Tina asked, making the human jolt and quickly disconnect the call for real this time.

"Way to go Gavin..." he mumbled to himself.

I looked over at him LED flashing red.
"Don't be hard on yourself, Gav. You literally just forgot to hit a button. It's fine."

The human groaned, speeding up because that went so well the last time.
"No, she heard me talking about dreamy twinkle elves... which is embarrassing as hell."

I snorted, LED going back to a calm blue.
"I mean, you have said worse things. Why be ashamed of this one?"

"Because it's true! They are kinda dreamy! Especially dark elves and all of their moon magic... With their weird little vampire ears and stuff and like... Y'know. And oh man don't even get me started in Goblins, Tieflings, or Dragonborns." He laughed, glancing away from the road for a second.

"Uh... okay. I'm guessing you used to play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons?"

Gavin snorted.
"A lot is an understatement."

"Okay then... what would I be?" I asked, making him look at me.

Gavin's brows furrowed as he thought, the sounding of the gears in his head shifting almost audible.
"Um... I don't really know. Okay, joke answer, a Goblin. Because I want to be taller than you... secretly... so shhhhh!"

A smile spread onto my lips... such a goofball this human was. A nerd too, as much as he liked to deny it.

We were silent for a few minutes again, then there was a noise. Something akin to a small bear growling.

"Oh man I regret eating that iced coffee." Gavin mumbled, shoulders slumping.

"How do you even eat iced coffee? Don't you drink it?" I asked, LED going yellow.

He just shrugged.
"Goes in my mouth, out the other end. Why should I care what the difference is? If I inhale either it's not lookin' good for me. Maybe I wanna drink some dry rice, huh? Maybe I wanna eat some tomato soup... Wait no that one makes sense..."

"Whatever you say, Gav."

And with that he put the car into park, and we were home. He got out of the car first, then stayed by the door for a second.

"Nah... I'm just seeing things." The human muttered before walking towards his front door.

I got out of the car and followed. Originally we weren't going to spend the night here, again, but sleeping in a Denny's parking lot or Tina's seemed equally as bad as taking a chance to get stabbed in your sleep.