Chapter 2

Inside the massive mansion, the two new guests were instantly taken to a large living room where in the middle was a blonde-haired beauty of a woman and a grey-haired man who smiled kindly at seeing the two walk in behind Aria.

Aria's Father: Aria my dear, have you found two unfortunate souls who have nowhere to sleep for tonight? Such a kind soul you are.

Aria's Mother: Well, we did bring her up to be kind to everyone didn't we? It's very nice to meet you both, I am Aria's Mother, and this is my husband.

Tatsumi: I'm Tatsumi M-Ma'am...

His flustered face said it all, Two couldn't help but roll his eyes which allowed him to take the opportunity to look around, seeing the fancy walls and fancy windows and... whew, this place is much more expensive than the last mansion.

Aria's Mother: And what about you, young man? May we have your name please?

Two looked back down, staring right at the mother who had gotten closer to his face, he didn't flinch however and merely stared back with his usual casual expression.

Two: Name's Two, not my real name but I don't exactly want to give it away. As kind as you are for offering me a place I...

Tatsumi: He's grateful for the offer! And he thanks you humbly!

Aria's Mother: Wonderful! A young man such as you isn't fit for spending the night outside! Please, feel free to stay here as long as you wish, and you Mr Tatsumi, I can tell you are exhausted from travelling from far away, you are welcome to stay as long as you wish as well.

Tatsumi: Thank you! Two is grateful as well!

Two: Wh-

Tatsumi quickly slapped his hand over the older man's mouth much to his confusion as he found himself being dragged away while the three family members waved them off. Tatsumi sighed in relief once they were out of earshot and turned to Two with a confused look.

Tatsumi: Are you seriously that rude? They're offering a place for us to stay, and you want to tell me you'd rather stay in the forest?

Two: Is it rude? I was just stating I'm more comfortable sleeping in a tree than someone I don't know's bed.

Tatsumi: It's rude when they've been kind enough to offer us room and to help me look for my friends.

Two: When did they promise that?

Tatsumi: When I was introducing myself, obviously you weren't paying attention.

Two: No, I was looking around the room looking for anything to do with security.

Tatsumi: Why security?

Two: Any form of security gives me the shivers.

Tatsumi's face grew blank in disbelief at what he was hearing, it made it worse seeing Two's face didn't show any signs of joking. He slowly turned around, slapping his hand onto his head with a heavy sigh.

Tatsumi: That amnesia is really affecting you...

Two: Well that's a rude thing to say about my personality.

With another sigh, Tatsumi just walked away where he was quickly guided by a maid towards his room while Two just shrugged his shoulders and walked up to another maid, at first he was about to inform her that he was going to leave for the forest but he quickly looked upstairs to see Tatsumi giving him a glare. With reluctance, he asked the other maid to show him to his room.

(Timeskip)

Tatsumi yawned as he got out of bed, he smiled widely at the feeling of comfort under him for once instead of either a carriage floor or the stone ground. Tatsumi got out of bed and quickly got dressed while refreshing himself before heading out the door. To his surprise, he saw Aria about to knock on his door and almost fell forward but quickly caught herself with a cough.