Chapter 4

(3rd Person)

Out of the doors of another mansion comes (Y/N) as he carried yet another sack over his shoulder, casually walking out while a number of guards remained on the ground, their eyes the only things moving as (Y/N) sighed at seeing them.

(Y/N): It wasn't meant to be like this, how was I supposed to know my reputation of robbing nobles had finally appeared?

Just as (Y/N) spoke, he heard a new pair of footsteps approaching the mansion from his left, he was able to hear them thanks to this new person crunching the leaves beneath their feet.

(Y/N): Another thief? Or perhaps someone who is coming home?

Either way, (Y/N) didn't want to stick around as he began walking the other direction. Only to suddenly feel the temperature drop in the air, he didn't even need to turn around as he knew exactly who it was that just arrived.

(Y/N): You're faster than all the guards from every prison I've been to, come to try and take me back to my prison cell, Esdeath?

Esdeath: There's nothing I will be trying, you are going back to prison. You're lucky you escaped my sights the first time, but now that I know about your teigu, this should be easy.

(Y/N): Easy? I hate that word, whenever something's 'easy' there's always a catch. Like the mansion before I met that girl, it was too easy since I didn't even need to worry about guards. Of course, the consequence was that I met Night Raid and...

Esdeath: You met Night Raid? You do realise that makes you even more valuable to me, right? You're a prisoner and you are also knowledgable of Night Raid, information that could help us crush the rebel scum.

(Y/N): And like I told Night Raid, I'm on no one's side but my own, you won't get any information because I don't see the point. I'm not an Empire solider, but I'm no rebel either.

Esdeath: Correct, you're an Empire prisoner. As long as you're in our possession, you are to answer to us. You don't have a choice in 'picking sides'. You must relay information to us whether you want to or not.

Finally (Y/N) turned to face her and saw the Ice Empress herself, hands on her hips while her hair flowed from the cool winds she conjured whenever she was ready for a fight. (Y/N) rotated his shoulders, clicking them in and out of place while still holding the sack over his shoulder.

(Y/N): Just because I'm a prisoner doesn't mean I have to answer to you, and even if you did capture me again, I'd just slip out easily. It doesn't matter if you know about my teigu, I can come up with at least six different ways to escape from your 'personal dungeon' without even using my teigu. And with my teigu, that number jumps straight to Twenty two.

Esdeath: You talk as though you're thinking I'm letting you back into the dungeon. Now that I know you can escape from it...

Esdeath suddenly pulled out... a rather questionable object as (Y/N) stared at the leash with a collar in her hands.

Esdeath: I just need to keep a personal eye on you, I'm sure you won't find a way to escape when a general has her eye on your twenty-four seven.

(Y/N): I've already come up with seven different methods of escape.

Esdeath grew a scowl, growling while grinding her teeth which caused the ground beneath her to freeze from using her teigu. (Y/N) was of course not fazed as he continued to stare at Esdeath with his casual expression.

Esdeath: How about now? I've got you cornered, and I can freeze any object you can touch which renders your teigu useless. Not to mention you're no fighter.