Chapter 13

(3rd Person)

As Akame sat at the dining table inside the HQ of Night Raid, she clutched her cup of water tightly while waiting for her team's answer. She told them everything: (Y/N) meeting up with Prime Minister Honest, stating that the money he collected was for the corrupted politician and that when she went to confront him, he subdued her using his teigu.

Najenda: That's... some information...

Mine: So the little shit was with the Empire this whole time? Should've known he wasn't to be trusted...

Lubbock: And to think I thought that guy was cool...

Sheele: No... it's... it's not true...

Najenda: Now... all you calm down and think for a moment: what are you getting upset for? Prisoner Two was merely a visitor to our base, he never pledged allegiance to us nor the Revolutionary Army.

Akame shot her head up at Najenda in disbelief, but to her growing shock, she saw Leone and Tatsumi nodding in agreement.

Leone: He never picked a side, because if you remember what Akame told us. She said that (Y/N) told her his alliance with Honest is only temporary, and now, it seems that the alliance is over meaning that from the very beginning he was neutral.

Mine: How the hell was he...?

Leone: He had all the opportunity in the world to rat us out, he's had constant communication with the Prime Minister and not once has he told Honest our location. Not only that, but he never told us anything about Honest... he could've easily turned to a side, but instead he kept neutral... why are you all feeling betrayed? He was never a part of Night Raid, therefore...

Before she could finish, Akame shot up from the table, a look of irritation on her face as everyone else was surprised at her sudden emotional display.

Akame: He still betrayed us! All this time... all this time I thought he was simply a noble thief, someone who only stole from the rich to better his own or others' lives... instead, I see he was only doing it to help the corrupt Prime Minister gain even more power than before, you might not see it as a betrayal, Leone, but he's betrayed everyone. He's doomed everyone's futures by giving more power to the man who least deserves it!

Everyone grew silent at that, looking away before growing frowns. Akame was surprised to see Leone look away, her teigu accidentally out as her claws dug into the table, even coming close to cracking the thing in half.

Leone: Dammit... why can't I find a good reason to defend him?

Najenda: Because there is no such thing as a "Good Reason", only an excuse. If it brings you comfort, he is not with the Empire at least. And even if he was before, he seems to no longer have any ties to the Empire.

Tatsumi: I just find it weird how you can assume the Empire's most infamous prisoner is allied with the very group of people who imprisoned him.

Mine: Yes, it's very strange... makes me think maybe it really was a temporary thing just like he told Akame.

Najenda: You believe he was lying when saying that to Akame?

Mine: Well yeah, just because we assume he's neutral and it was only a temporary alliance doesn't mean it was, not everything he says we can trust. He's a thief, a criminal.

Akame: Don't be so hypocritical, we're assassins, we are less likely to be trusted than a common thief.

Mine: But, he says he doesn't remember what he was imprisoned for, what if it was for mass murder? A mass raping?