Chapter 10

(3rd Person)

(Y/N): I know you're a sadist and I'm a prisoner so putting me in restraints makes sense, but any chance you could loosen their tightness?

Currently, the blank-faced criminal was sitting in a wooden chair with his hands behind the chair and chained up, he seemed to be inside what seemed to be a tower which was at least seven stories tall. At the window was a smiling Esdeath who had her hands behind her back and facing the preoccupied (Y/N).

Esdeath: No, because it makes it easier for you to escape. I let you escape the first time we met, now that I know you are meant to be my husband so do not think for a second that I will allow any other chances of you escaping.

She turned to look out the window, breathing in the fresh air while watching all the civilians.

Esdeath: Not only that, but... I could wipe your record clean if only you decided to serve the Empire. As you and I know very well: while your combat is poorer than an average citizen, you more than make up for it thanks to your teigu. Your clones... your immobilization ability... who knows what else you can unlock in your teigu.

Esdeath slowly turns with her eyes closed.

Esdeath: So, not only am I determined to turn you in the perfect husband, I'm also determined to turn you into the one man who can help the Empire against any enemy, the Empire's Saviour...

Esdeath's expression immediately faltered once she spotted the scene in front of her: the chair empty with the shackles strewn about the place, behind the chair, (Y/N) was playing a card game with One, Three and Four with their bets being stolen coins that no doubt came from Esdeath's pocket when she wasn't looking.

Three: Any queens?

One: Go Fish.

Three: Are you sure?

One: Go Fish...

Three: You know I can tell when you lie, right? It's basically the same tell as when I lie.

One: Go... Fish...

Four: You just want to keep the queen you have because it's the only cute card, right?

One: Goddamit fine! Take her! But you better be kind to her!

(Y/N): Any fives?

One: Oh fuck off Two! I just lost the queen, at least let me have this!

(Y/N): So does that mean I get the card or...?

Esdeath's head grew a tick mark, her teeth grinding in anger as she was close to grabbing the man to punish him. However, Esdeath quickly sighed, breathing in and out before relaxing her face.

Esdeath: No one said it would be easy, no one said it would be...

One: Any queens?

(Y/N): Go Fish...

One: Oh hell no! I know you got the queen of hearts!!

(Y/N): Go Fish, stop trying to copy Three.

One: Just let me have a queen already assholes!

Esdeath: Enough! Prisoner Two, how did you escape those cuffs so easily? They were specifically designed to hold a man who weighs eleven times more than you!

(Y/N): Why would I tell you that?

Four: For a general of the Empire, she's not very smart, is she?

Three: You only just noticed that?

One: At least she's thick in the right ways as well.

Esdeath glared at One who only raised his hands in defeat and quickly hid behind (Y/N) who only stared up at Esdeath with his usual blank look.