Chapter 6

(3rd Person)

The day after (Y/N) visited Night Raid, he was back to wearing the massive brown coat in order to cover up his identity. He was currently walking through the Empire's city with his hands in his pockets while everyone seemed to give him a second glance each time they passed him... unfortunately they turned away at the wrong moment as (Y/N) would casually take something from a nearby stand, shop or person and stuff it into his pocket. Normally people would go for valuables when it came to stealing, (Y/N) does it as well. But today, (Y/N) was just hungry and decided not to pay as he pulled a green apple out of his coat pocket and bit into it.

(Y/N): I knew red apples were better...

He quickly tossed the apple away... however, as soon as the apple hit the ground, (Y/N) could swear he suddenly felt a massive tremor go through the... no wait, there is a massive tremor going through the city. Curious, (Y/N) looked around and saw everyone holding onto some solid ground... and then the source of the tremors came running in with a dust cloud being kicked up to conceal them.

???: I knew I sensed a crime being committed! The crime of littering! You must be deal with swift and fair justice!!

The dust cleared to reveal a young lady with long auburn hair, amber eyes and wearing an Imperial Guard's outfit. Alongside her appeared to be a short and cute dog that growled at the man wearing the coat.

(Y/N): Not exactly the biggest crime happening right now.

???: Huh?

(Y/N): Oh yeah, I saw some thieving going on while walking through here, the guy took off down the alleys while stealing some food, no shame whatsoever...

???: Is that so!? Well then, Koro and I shall chase after the evil-doer and take them down in the name of justice! Let's get them Koro!

Both the dog and the lady ran off down the random alley (Y/N) pointed to, he was about to walk off when he was suddenly taken off his feet by the lady grabbing his collar and dragging him along with her.

???: You must come as well! You will make up for your crime by pursuing justice with us!

(Y/N): Cool, can I go home after?

???: Only if you clear your criminal record accordingly.

(Y/N) couldn't help but crack a small smirk at the irony in that statement, with a roll of the eyes he tightened the belt on his coat while allowing himself to get dragged by the enthusiastic guard who kept running even after exiting the alley with her dog running and barking every step of the way in front of her.

They went through alleys, they went through crowded streets, they even at one point found themselves outside the Empire's HQ which made (Y/N) look away slowly while placing a hand on his head to conceal his face. Eventually, the young girl came to a stop along with her dog, she released (Y/N)'s collar and began searching around.

???: They must be around here, they are certainly sneaky troublemakers! Though, it doesn't matter, because justice always finds a way!

(Y/N) simply stared at her with his usual expression as he patted the back of his neck and pretty much everywhere else to be rid of the dust, as soon as he looked up, the girl was suddenly in his face with a bright smile.

???: You may have committed a crime, but I see great potential in you. You could easily become a warrior of justice, it has been decided! I Seryu Ubiquitous shall teach you the ways of justice alongside your second teacher Koro!

Koro: Woof!

(Y/N): Wait... you're going to teach me about justice?

Seryu: Yes! This world needs more people who can deliver justice! And I've decided you are to be the first of many, learn the ways of a warrior of justice and show the criminals they have no allies with justice!