Chapter 15

(3rd Person, four years ago after (Y/N) (L/N) escaped from prison for the first time)

The prisoner opened his eyes slowly, blinking away the sleep and looked around immediately as he didn't recognise where he was: wooden ceiling, a single window with the sun shining through it brightly and almost blinding him, a soft bed that felt like it was a royal bed. Not only that, but there was even a small table next to the bed with a mug of water on it next to half a piece of bread.

(Y/N): That was quick, I didn't think I'd be found by the Empire so quickly, guess I need to smarten up.

The sixteen-year-old threw his legs over the bed, planting his bare feet on the wooden floor where it was slightly warm but at the same time slightly cold. Once he got to his feet, (Y/N) walked over to the window and spotted a rather thick forest in front of him, he hummed as he spotted a little girl with white hair running outside the house while a woman with long white hair plays with her.

(Y/N): The people who captured me no doubt... now to find a way out before they...

Before he could finish that sentence, (Y/N) was cut off by the door opening, he slowly turned and saw a man with short black hair and silver eyes staring at him with both a shocked and relieved expression.

???: You're awake, that's good. We were worried your fever would've killed you while you were sleeping.

(Y/N): Fever...?

Suddenly, (Y/N) felt something warm slide off his forehead and onto the floor. He slowly looked down and saw a small and battered cloth dripping with water, at the same time he felt the water drip down his forehead which made him wipe it and look at his now soaked hand.

(Y/N): I don't remember getting a fever...

???: Well, that's normal, a fever is usually something nobody remembers. But when we found you in the woods, you were burning up and close to knocking on death's door... oh and we thought it would be disrespectful to remove your clothes so you might want to get out of those, you're probably sweaty... we have a tub that'll help you with showering yourself.

The man left the room after picking up the cloth, (Y/N) turned back to looking outside and saw the mother and daughter duo playing once again, he couldn't help but think if they really were helping him, or if it was a ruse.

(Y/N): Guess I'll find out for myself...

(Timeskip)

Inside the small room, (Y/N) was currently washing himself up by pouring a small basin filled with water over himself, meanwhile his clothes were tucked away beside him, making sure no one went for the clothes. Suddenly, someone entered the room, but (Y/N) didn't really care as he kept washing himself... that was until he heard fabric being folded which made him instantly grab the person's arm.

The woman with white hair jumped, she saw that her arm was being held by (Y/N) and looked over at him confusedly.

(Y/N): Don't... it's best if you leave my clothes alone.

???: Nonesense, your clothes reek of sweat and you cannot wear such dirty clothes.

(Y/N): For your own safety... don't pick up my clothes again, you can wash the coat, but not the clothes.

To (Y/N)'s surprise, the woman didn't listen, instead grabbing his clothes after releasing herself from his grip and walking off with the clothes in hand.

???: You must learn when to accept help, and yes, we are all aware of who you are Mr Two. However, don't think that means we will turn you away young man, you look like you're only in school and yet a prisoner? The Empire really is a crooked thing, isn't it?