Chapter 11

(3rd Person)

Well now... this is quite the peculiar situation. It was the dead of night and as (Y/N) promised: he escaped from Esdeath... however, he wasn't the only one up late at night as following him through the city was the Justice Warrior herself Seryu who kept asking questions while they walked, her teigu walking beside her and staring up at them with a confused look.

Seryu: Why was the General keeping you hostage? I know she wanted to make you her perfect husband but...

(Y/N): None of your business.

Seryu: I am your mentor in becoming a warrior of justice! Of course it is my business!

(Y/N): Well, when I declare it's not your business you can't use an excuse to try and pry, that's very rude.

Seryu: You are correct! I apologise! You are definitely ready to become a warrior of justice!

(Y/N): Just as long as it's not a justice warrior for social situations.

Seryu: You have yet to explain to me what that is!

He only answered by looking towards the camera.

(Y/N): And I don't want to...

Seryu pouted but continued to follow the criminal no less... luckily she had no idea of his status considering when he was taken by Esdeath, she hadn't bothered to remove his large jacket that continued to cover his identity.

Seryu: So... did she only capture you to be her husband? I mean, she usually uses males she captures as slaves so I thought...

(Y/N): That in Esdeath's eyes 'husband' meant her most loyal slave?

Seryu: What?

(Y/N): Nothing, I got no idea why she's interested in me. She hasn't shown the slightest hint of romance whenever we meet up, I did invite her to tea or coffee last time but it seems she thought I meant a different type of hot coffee.

Seryu: Different type? Like dark coffee?

(Y/N) once again looks at the camera.

(Y/N): Sadistic but innocent, how is that possible?

Seryu: What?

(Y/N): And how come I'm the only one who sees this floating camera?

Seryu: You're weird...

(Y/N): Says the justice nut.

Seryu: I love justice, but I don't think I'm a nut? I mean, I don't want to be eaten... wait, my hair doesn't make me look like nuts, does it!?

(Y/N): How should I know? I don't look at nuts all the time.

Seryu pouted again as the two came across the exit of the city, the guards fast asleep which made Seryu growl quietly at their incompetence.

Seryu: True warriors of justice never sleep on the job.

(Y/N): Then why are you in your pyjamas?

Seryu: What!? Oh my gosh no!

After noticing the embarrassing mistake, (Y/N) almost sighed in relief as he watched Seryu literally dash off with Koro quickly running after her... somehow the commotion only made the two guards stir and not wake. (Y/N) hummed before turning to head to the forest... only this time he was blocked by the sudden arrival of a wall of ice.

Esdeath: I didn't think you would actually escape... am I that unpleasant to be around?

(Y/N): Huh? I explained before that escaping's my thing, right? You're not bad, maybe a little crazy but not bad. I just escape because it's what I do: I get captured, I get imprisoned and then I escape, it's my cycle.