Chapter 12:

TRIGGER WARNING for bullying/harassment, death, suicide attempt

---------

Rosé's POV:

"Hi, this is Kim Jisoo speaking," The raven haired said, holding her phone.

We were standing outside the law firm that would be representing me against Mr Yin. The latter has already been informed that I filed a report for sexual harassment and aggression. When he returned from his business trip, the man didn't try to approach me even a bit.

"Yes, we are just down the hall. 6th floor? Okay, thank you so much. Yes."

Jisoo hung up then faced me, her soft eyes trying to read me. I took her hand in mine and brushed my lips against her knuckles.

"Thank you for accompanying me. I don't think I would be able to do it alone."

The Korean tip-toed and kissed me on the cheek, before winking.

"You are a strong woman, Chaeyoung. With or without me."

I blushed with the kiss, and we made our way through the building. It didn't take much time to find my lawyer's office. A secretary welcomed us with a cheeky smile and offered us a seat before leaving, surely going to inform Miss Park about our presence.

"Jennie strongly recommended me this law firm," Jisoo said, out of nowhere. "They are known for winning cases like yours."

"I trust your sister. If she is half as wise as you, I have nothing to worry about."

"Why are you so nervous, then?" She put her hand over my jumping knee, stilling it. 

I shrugged and leaned my head against hers. Jisoo played gently with my fingers, unaware of the comfort it somehow brought me. After a moment, the secretary came back and asked us to follow her.

She led us to a big office with huge windows that let a soothing light through the room. A glass desk was near an alcove where were stored quantities of books.

My eyes fell on the frail figure leaning over a file, and I was paralyzed with stupor. The young woman wore her black hair in a high bun, and her complexion was softened by the pastel colour of her cardigan.

My hand gripped Jisoo's, who looked at me with curiosity and concern.

"Excuse me for being so rude. My name is Park Alice, nice to meet yo-," my sister stood up, closing the file before looking up.

I intended to take a step back, but I was too surprised to move an inch.

"Chae-Chaeyoung?" Alice stuttered. "How... I mean..."

Our eyes were wide with shock, but I was even more astonished when my sister walked up to me and engulfed me in a tight hug. I didn't let go of Jisoo's hand and gently pushed Alice off me, sorrowful memories still fresh in my mind.